We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Enquery about a family trip

London, United...
4 posts
Save Topic
Enquery about a family trip

We are planning to visit Haridwar, Rishikesh and Dehradun for 4 nights (checking in on 12th of April and checking out on 16th of April 2014, my dates are fixed. We might have around 40-45 people in the party including adults and children (all family members). We'll start our journey from Delhi on 12th afternoon either by train or by coach.

I'll need your suggestions for cheap and best possible options including coach/train and hotel for 4 nights. Your prompt reply will be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Virendra Saxena

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,334 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Enquery about a family trip

Namaste!

If you are a group of this much size, then best option is to hire a AC Volvo bus ex. Delhi Airport. That will be convenient & economical too.

You can stay 1 night in Dehradun & 3 nights in Haridwar(Hotel Hari Heritage could be a option), Rishikesh can be visited from there only or you can stay in riverside tents in Rishikesh to have a diiferent taste.

Welcome :)

Delhi
Destination Expert
for New Delhi
Level Contributor
4,250 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Enquery about a family trip

Hi,

The best you should hire coach for entire trip. Train will not suite you, as getting seats in same coach would be difficult and also local transport arrangement.

As Haridwar / Rishikesh / Dehradoon are not very far from each other. Haridwar is merely 24 KMS from Rishskesh so it would be better to stay all nights in Rishikesh which more or less in middle of Haridwar & Dehradoon.

You can do excursion of Haridwar & Dehradoon from Rishikesh. As you are in large group so check -in / out everyday makes no sense just waste of time.

In Rishikesh plenty of hotels are - Great Ganga / Vasundhara etc. You may chose hotel according to your budget.

If need any further details can send PM to me.

Hari Mangal

London, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Enquery about a family trip

Thank you very much for your valuable suggestion, much appriciated. I'll try to follow it.

London, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Enquery about a family trip

Thanks a lot Mr. Mangal for your nice and detailed suggestion. Now I need check cost of coach from Delhi and the accommodation for 4 nights in Rishikesh.

Delhi
Destination Expert
for New Delhi
Level Contributor
4,250 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Enquery about a family trip

Welcome, sir!!!

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,334 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Enquery about a family trip

Ajay Travels provides good coach & Hotels: Ganga Kinare & optional one night stay in swiss tents.

London, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Enquery about a family trip

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thanks a lot. May. I have the contact details of Ajay Travels please.

Kind regards,

Virendra

8. Re: Enquery about a family trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 March 2015, 05:18