We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golden triangle tour with a kid and senior citizen- suggest

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
14 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Golden triangle tour with a kid and senior citizen- suggest

I planned this trip in Jan first week. I went through several agents, finally selected inviteeindia.com. I paid 25%, 11.500. Later they several times asked me to pay in full, I asked them to send me the confirmation of hotels, till now they did not. Yesterday I read in tripadvisor about them, now I am confirmed that they are fraud. All yesterday I tried to call them, none of their phones work.

Last year we went to Kerala, i booked with cocotrail. I was very afraid, that's why I paid 5000, rest I paid, when we landed in Kochi. I went with 2 kids, senior citizen and myself. Everything went well.

I was very careful that time, this time I was busy in work and I am confident this time that nothing will go wrong and what a bummer. Please some one tell me, if there is any legal action I can take on this website (website looks really genuine).

My trip is a week away and I have to book another package either today or tomorrow(flights are already booked 3months ago), Must see India seems to be the option. But as many pointed out, they charge quite high for the kind of hotels they give.

My problem is, I get very good hotels if I book individually, but how to book a cab for the whole trip. There are some sites, where I can book a cab, but that alone is coming between 16000-20000. So that again pushes me back to take a package.

8days,7nights. Going to Delhi, coming back from Jaipur. 2days in Delhi, 1 Agra, 1 Ranthambore, 3 nights in Jaipur. I took leave in work, I did not want to disappoint my son, I do not want to cancel my trip at this point. I dont think I will get much back from cancelling my flights, again do not have time to find how much I get back. I just want to make this trip happen. Please suggest. I know the time is less, but at least whoever reads this would know which company they need to rule out.

Thanks guys.

Mentioned in this post
Kerala
Kerala
India
Kochi (Cochin)
Kochi (Cochin)
Kerala, India
Jaipur
Jaipur
Jaipur District, India
Agra
Agra
Agra District, India
Ranthambore National Park
Sawai Madhopur District, India
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,468 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golden triangle tour with a kid and senior citizen- suggest

Namaste!

Don't worry. Now a days you can book a tour even 1 day before.

Sedan car will obviously cost you around 16000-18000 for 8 days & hotel room will cost you around 2500-3000/night. So average tour cost should be 40000-42000.

Muzaffarpur, India
Destination Expert
for Sikkim, Manali, New Delhi, Darjeeling, Bihar, Katra, Udaipur, Patna, India
Level Contributor
17,462 posts
371 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Golden triangle tour with a kid and senior citizen- suggest

Hi

If your plan is final,you can book hotel from any trusted website or from hotel website directly.Vehicle can be arrange for the whole tour in one day,nothing to be worry much.Just go ahead with your plan.

Thanx

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
14 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Golden triangle tour with a kid and senior citizen- suggest

Thanks Rapat, Virsa.

I have exactly done that. There is one website suggested by customers in Tripadvisor for cab services. http://www.delapt.com/car-rental.php . I talked to these guys, for 8days its 24000 and 1600kms. Half I have to pay when I land, the other half I have to pay when i depart. Sounded Ok, I tried to bargain (not my cup of tea), they did not go down.

Hotels I booked through different websites, got the print outs. We are all set for the trip. Life seems so easy. i can cancel before 24hrs and get 100% return.

Delhi - Sunstar Grand

Agra- Hotel Taj Resorts

Ranthambore- Ankur Resort- cottage

Jaipur- Umaid Bhawan - Royal Deluxe

Total came to 22,760

So total comes to 46,760. Fair enough.

Edited: 16 March 2014, 05:03
Mentioned in this post
Hotel SunStar Grand
Hotel SunStar Grand
793 Reviews
New Delhi, India
Agra
Agra
Agra District, India
Hotel Taj Resorts
Hotel Taj Resorts
1,786 Reviews
Agra, India
Sawai Madhopur District, India
Jaipur
Jaipur
Jaipur District, India
Umaid Bhawan Palace Jodhpur
Umaid Bhawan Palace...
1,629 Reviews
Jodhpur, India
Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
14 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Golden triangle tour with a kid and senior citizen- suggest

We finished our trip successfully. We got a good cab and driver through the site advised by fellow trip advisor travellers. (http://www.delapt.com/car-rental.php)

Since we did not have male company, I was very afraid. That's why, I hired a cab through the above website, their drivers are verified by Delhi police, complete back ground checks etc. For 8days, its 24,000. If you hire elsewhere, you might get it for cheaper. In our case, I wanted to be very safe. Whatever I paid, felt like worth it.

I also want to give the driver's details, if you approach him directly, may be, you get a cheaper deal. His name is Vijay, He can speak Spanish and English also. He guided us well, because of him, we covered several places. His number is 999 994 4075, his email - vijayonwheel@gmail.com

New Delhi
Level Contributor
4,049 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Golden triangle tour with a kid and senior citizen- suggest

Hi

Your hotels are fine and cost also looking good for both.

So don't worry and hopefully you enjoy your upcoming tour smoothly.

Thx

Muzaffarpur, India
Destination Expert
for Sikkim, Manali, New Delhi, Darjeeling, Bihar, Katra, Udaipur, Patna, India
Level Contributor
17,462 posts
371 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Golden triangle tour with a kid and senior citizen- suggest

Hi Divya

Glad to know about succesfull tour.Please share your trip report too if possible.

Thanx

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,468 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Golden triangle tour with a kid and senior citizen- suggest

:)

8. Re: Golden triangle tour with a kid and senior citizen- suggest

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 May 2014, 13:22
9. Re: Golden triangle tour with a kid and senior citizen- suggest

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2015, 07:15