We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning a trip

Harlow, England...
Level Contributor
360 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Planning a trip

Hi TA's

I am trying to plan a trip to see North India in February next year, and trying to check out roughly what the airflights are going to be. I have been looking at a sight called Goibibo, and they seem quite reasonable. Has anyone ever used this site for booking flights, is it reliable?

Also, we will be in Goa to start, so do you think it will be any cheaper to wait till we are there and then book the flights with someone local??

Many thanks

Guwahati, India
Destination Expert
for Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Manipur, Mizoram, Nagaland, Guwahati, Shillong, Tawang, Imphal, Aizawl, Kohima, Kaziranga National Park
Level Contributor
4,659 posts
510 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning a trip

don't use a local agent to book domestic flight tickets, yuo can directly book them online. it's always recommended to book domestic flights in advance as the prices increase towards journey date.

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,641 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning a trip

I've been watching flight prices for the last 3-4 years, and they go nowhere except upwards. There are no last minute sales of flights. The sooner you book, the better it is. Flight prices can sometimes triple or quadruple close to the date of travel. Do not wait. I use makemytrip to book flights, my husband uses yatra and some friends use cleartrip. This ibibo thing is newer than the portals I mentioned, they are advertising on TV and have good brand recall but I have not seen reviews of their platform or service. They say they are the fastest growing portal.

Harlow, England...
Level Contributor
360 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Planning a trip

Many thanks for your reply's!

4. Re: Planning a trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 March 2015, 05:17