We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wrong claims by Expedia.com

Save Topic
Wrong claims by Expedia.com

Recently had a bad experience of cheating by Expedia.com. Hence thought of warning every one. I booked a hotel for two days in down south. After the booking I realized that the same room night was available at yatra.com for lot less.

Shared the screenshots of yatra deal with expedia support. They said if both the offers are same than they will match the price and intact double the refund ( same is blatantly written) in their website as well.

After i proved that the offers were same that agreed on phone to refund the money in 10 days. Now they come back by mail and state there is a difference in cancellation policy hence offer can not be termed same.

Now hear this ( really laughable )…. As per them they are allowing me to cancel without cost till 26th noon and Yatra is allowing me to cancel till 27th hence the offer is different. When I questioned their Maths skill as to who is giving me better deal the executive said "of course" yatra is allowing me an extra day but that makes it a different policy.

I mean who would believe these guys , inspire of being proven wrong they are refusing to return me the excess amount which they charged.

one word of caution if possible avoid Expedia. You are better off sticking to with some other portal. Has anybody also faced such issues. If yes please reply.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,269 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wrong claims by Expedia.com

It's a ridiculous answer. If indeed this is on their website, and your facts are all correct, you should take them to Consumer Court.

Hyderabad, India
Destination Expert
for Hyderabad
Level Contributor
3,412 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wrong claims by Expedia.com

Its a clever way of marketing and for a common man it looks like a joke.

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
2,352 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wrong claims by Expedia.com

Well you should have check the prices earlier, it is completely your fault. Expedia has shown their prices and you book it. Now it is not a genuine reason to cancel the booking,

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wrong claims by Expedia.com

You won't get anywhere with this I would just accept that you should have checked other booking websites before you booked and move on.

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
7,991 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wrong claims by Expedia.com

But explanation given by Expedia is realy a big joke.

deepak

Edited: 20 March 2014, 10:46
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,792 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wrong claims by Expedia.com

Chrella is 100% correct, you are not going to win this argument.

The requirements of most 'Best Rate' guarantees mention very specific Terms& Conditions, that almost every aspect of the offers need to be identical. Typically, anywhere between 15-25 criteria's must be met. So whilst your caution is valid, there isn't much you can substantiate to prove 'cheating' as such. Ultimately, if you take notice, you'll probably find the 'out' clause - which every website and hotels use for these offers - and is usually worded "any offers may be cancelled without warning at the discretion of company X"

Best to move along and accept it as a learning lesson - to do your homework and check as many websites before committing to a reservation.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Kolkata (Calcutta), Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,352 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wrong claims by Expedia.com

All the same, ridiculous answer by Expedia. Why didn't you cancel with them and book with Yatra ?

Incidentally, Expedia owns Trip Advisor. So this thread might not last....very long.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,792 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wrong claims by Expedia.com

>>>Incidentally, Expedia owns Trip Advisor<<<

Formerly. Expedia sold TripAdvisor to the public in December 2011.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
1,934 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wrong claims by Expedia.com

i guess if there is a policy difference, nothing much can be done as these are things they will use as loopholes .

But then thanks for sharing and will have to be more cautious and vigilant with not just Expedia ,but all of them .

10. Re: Wrong claims by Expedia.com

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 March 2015, 05:21