We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Intrepid Travel - Golden Triangle Tour

Kaiserslautern...
Level Contributor
165 posts
330 reviews
Save Topic
Intrepid Travel - Golden Triangle Tour

Hello. We've booked the Golden Triangle Tour through Intrepid Travel. We're going in May. Has anyone had any experience with this specific tour? Any recommendations on the optional tours that are offered? Any recommendations on what to pack?

Delhi
Destination Expert
for New Delhi
Level Contributor
4,300 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Intrepid Travel - Golden Triangle Tour

Intrepid is a good travel company offers various tours for India. Varanasi / Shimla / Ranthambhore/ Jodhpur/ Udaipur or possible extaintion. You may add any one according to your choice.

2. Re: Intrepid Travel - Golden Triangle Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2014, 12:39
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Intrepid Travel - Golden Triangle Tour

Hi there I saw you posted about this tour group. I was curious how was your experience. I'm considering booking with them for the Golden Triangle tour as well for this coming May. Any tips or advice would be great.

Thanks,

Kaiserslautern...
Level Contributor
165 posts
330 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Intrepid Travel - Golden Triangle Tour

Hello, John. We had a great experience with Intrepid Travel's Golden Triangle Tour. I wrote reviews on TA for each of the hotels we stayed at. Our tour guide, Raj, was great. Very friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. Intrepid Travel has a meet up app that allows travels to communicate with each other before the tour. Unfortunately, not everyone uses it. Our group of 12 was international. Six Americans, two Aussies, two Kiwis, one Canadian, and one Icelandic. Of course, each group is different. But, our group was awesome. Amazing, well-traveled people. My recommendations:

1. May is very, very hot in India. Due to the extreme heat, Raj arranged our tours in the morning and evening. We were free to tour on our own during the rest of the day. Wear clothing appropriate for the weather. Loose fitting materiel, linen. If any women are traveling with you, they may want to research appropriate attire. We wore long skirts and loose, long sleeved linen shirts. We didn't experience any harassment. But, the locals wanted to take a lot of photos with us.

2. You may want to bring a travel convertor. Some of the hotels had extras for us to borrow. We had a lot of devices to charge. Prior to this trip, I should have purchased a 5-port high speed desktop USB charger.

3. Make sure your currency isn't worn or torn. Our hotels offered great exchange rates. Unfortunately, they wouldn't accept torn or worn bills.

4. "Delhi belly" Fortunately, we didn't experience this. Working at a health clinic, I had an arsenal of medication with me but didn't use it. You might want to bring appropriate meds as recommended by your physician. Also, we were taking anti-malarial meds as an additional precaution.

5. In Agra, we went to a particular jewelry store. I can't recall the name of it. But, after our vacation, I read lots of negative reviews about this particular store in TA. We didn't have any issues with the jewelry we purchased since it was essentially costume jewelry.

Overall, we had an amazing trip. Traveling to India changed my life. After visiting some of the smaller villages, it made me realize how incredibly blessed we are. I would love to return to India.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Intrepid Travel - Golden Triangle Tour

Thank you so much Forensicgirl. Love the detail you provided! Your info will help. One last question what type of transportation was used to get to each destination? Bus, Van, Train..... and was it air conditioned? I hear May is brutally hot.

Kaiserslautern...
Level Contributor
165 posts
330 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Intrepid Travel - Golden Triangle Tour

Hi John, we used local tuk tuks, metro lines, private bus and train. The metro and bus were air conditioned. I don't recall specifically if the train was air conditioned. But, I don't recall the heat being an issue on the train. Tuk tuks are not air conditioned but the car is completely open. As long as traffic was moving, the heat didn't seem that bad.

7. Re: Intrepid Travel - Golden Triangle Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2016, 05:15