Me and my girlfriend are going to India on September 15th 2014. I have posted another question on this forum about the itinerary and have created one based on the feedback. I would be very grateful if people could comment on this and let me know what it looks like to them, whether it is too tight, where it could possibly be amended changed, etc.
We are there until October 2015 when we fly to Bangkok and plan to do Bangkok, island beaches, Chang Mai/Rai, slow boat from Huay Xai to Luang Prabang, plane to Siem Reap, travel somehow to Pnong Peng, Plane to Hanoi, travel to Ho Chi Minh City then fly out on December 23rd.
We have allocated ourselves £3000 for India and £3000 for South East Asia for all travel, accommodation and living expenses.
• Delhi – Arrive on 16.09.14. Stay 4 nights. Leave for Amritsar by Train on morning of 20.09.14.
• Amritsar – Arrive on 20.09.14 after 7 hour train ride. £10. Stay for 3 nights. Leave for Delhi on 23.09.14 at around 07.00, then get train from Delhi to Jaisalmer at around 17.00.
• Jaisalmer – Arrive on 24.09.14 after 2 day train ride from Amritsar. £20. Stay for 3 nights. Leave for Jaipur on 27.09.14 at around 17.00.
• Arrive at Jaipur on 28.09.14 after overnight train ride that arrives at 05.00. £15. Stay for 3 nights. Leave for Agra on 01.10.14.
• Arrive at Agra on 01.10.14 after 4 hour train that arrives at 19.30. £10. Stay for 3 nights. Leave for Khajuraho on 04.10.14.
• Arrive at Khajuraho on 04.10.14. By Train or Private Car for £100. Stay for 2 nights. Leave for Varanasi on 06.10.14.
• Arrive at Varanasi by train or private car on 06.10.14. Stay for 3 nights. Leave for Kolkatta by train on 09.10.14 at around 16.00.
• Arrive in Kolkatta by train at around 07.00 on 10.10.14. Stay for 3 nights. Leave for Darjeeling by train and bus 13.10.14.
• Arrive at Darjeeling on 13.10.14. Stay for 2 nights and travel to Mumbai to arrive on 16.10.14.
• Arrive in Mumbai by plane on 16.10.14. Stay for 3 nights. Get train to Goa. £15. Leave at 23.05 on 19.10.14.
• Arrive in Goa at 12.30 on 20.10.14. Stay for 4 nights. Get train to Kerela. £20. Leave at 23.00 on 24.10.14.
• Arrive in Kerela on 25.10.14. Stay for 4 nights. Get plane to Delhi on 29.10.14. £70. Arrive in Delhi at 11.00.
I know this is a really long post so thanks to everyone in advance for any replies.
Andrew and Taine.