I need you help! We are a couple travelling to India for the first time for a wedding + tourism and having a hard time deciding upon best way to travel.
We will be landing in Delhi and going the next day to Amritsar (by train) for the 3 day event.
Question is what to do after:
Since we are very short on time (around 1 week left between Amritsar and flight back) I thought maybe to book a flight in one direction and train going back from Rajasthan to Delhi.
- I cannot find a direct train from Amrtisar to Udaipur / Jaipur - would you suggest taking a flight instead and returning by train to Delhi?
- Would it make more sense to do:
Amritsar-Udaipur-Jaipur-Delhi OR Amritsar-Jaipur-Udaipur-Delhi ?
- Distance between Jaipur and Udaipur seems long - what's the best way to travel?
- I really wanted to go see Dharmasala since already in the area but it seems a long trip from Amritsar. Is it worth doing that instead of Udaipur maybe? How should we travel?
- How long in advance to go about booking train and plane tickets?