We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Makemytrip - worst site ever to book airline tickets

3 posts
Save Topic
Makemytrip - worst site ever to book airline tickets

Me and my friend booked 2 tickets from PHX to Manaus in Brazil for the world cup in TAM airlines. Our schedule was such that we would be in different places for our matches. TAM airlines had changed the flights with very short transition - not enough for 2 of us to clear immigration and catch the next flight.

MMT didnt have the courtesy to email us about the change, when we checked the flight closer to the travel date and realised that it had been changed, MMT tried the blame game on TAM. After almost 20 hours, 4 hours per day for 5 days, we were able to get both TAM and MMT on a phone and found that TAM had notified MMT in Feb and that it shows up on MMT's system but they didnt inform us. Clearly MMT was at fault. TAM proposed some new flights and all that we asked MMT was to pay the differences in the flight charge for the new flights.

It is the worst experience talking to these customer care and all senior level managers. I had read in this forum about how bad they are and I agree that no one should ever book their lfight through this horrible website that doesnt take responsibility for the mistake that they did.

In fact there was one genius who suggested we cancel our trip or book through another flight 2 days before travelling to a world cup, since it doesnt fit our schedule. I wish to ask that person if he were in my shoes and if he would do the same.

I am not going to let it go, because it has been a nightmare. We were willing to pay for the additional night stay for the new flghts that the airline propsed. All we asked MMT was to compensate for the difference in flight charges and they werent willing to do it.

I am thinking of bringing in legal issues and a lawsuit if I dont get any response.

Still waiting on the phone with MMT...

FYI: it seems to be a common issue..

Hayward, California
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Makemytrip - worst site ever to book airline tickets

Sorry to hear about the nightmares. What was the outcome? Why haven't you chosen other popular booking sites such as Orbitz, Kayak, etc? Just curious.

Destination Expert
for Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
4,898 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Makemytrip - worst site ever to book airline tickets

This is always an issue with online travel agencies. There is nobody to catch hold of except over the phone. This never gives satisfactory results. Some suggestions -

- make complaints to industry associations such as iato and otoai.

- complain to tourism ministry

- write mails to company top officials such as CEO or coo

Muzaffarpur, India
Destination Expert
for Sikkim, Manali, New Delhi, Darjeeling, Bihar, Katra, Udaipur, Patna, India
Level Contributor
16,242 posts
360 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Makemytrip - worst site ever to book airline tickets

You should complain in consumer court/forum.Though you have to be present physically but i am sure you can teach them a lesson and get compensation.One of my friend did this last year when MMT completely mis manage his thailand package.

4. Re: Makemytrip - worst site ever to book airline tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 July 2015, 07:15