We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to shortlist a travel Company?

Florida...
3 posts
Save Topic
How to shortlist a travel Company?

I am an avid traveller and I have travelled to India few times through big tour organizations. But I must say, the bigger the company, the lesser the services offered. I was not at all satisfied with the kind of services they gave me on tour.

After a handful of experiences form big tour operators, I chose to travel through a small tour company called Alluring India Tour. It was a trip to remember. They services provided was excellent. They took care of every single details. From designing the itinerary, shortlisting of hotels till the last day of my tour, it was just great. The tour guides were professional and were well versed with the place. The Company representative was very helpful in nature.

Whenever I plan to travel overseas, I always book through a tour operator of that country, instead of booking through a local travel agent, as it is cheaper than what the local agents charge. There are few Things you need to check before booking your tour through a travel company:

1. Check whether the Company is a certified by the Ministry of Tourism and also a member of the Tour Operators Association.

2. Check the reviews of the hotels shortlisted by them for you on Trip Advisor and match with the category they have offered.

3. Check the routing of your program in terms of feasibility. Many travel agents add an off beat destination in the program just to show that they are giving something different. Just to reduce the package cost, they overlook the fact the these places do not offer standard hotels of ones choice and are located far from the main city.

4. Check the inclusions and exclusions and see if they have any hidden costs.

I am not recommending any organization/company. Just be wise before booking your tour.

Grand Mumbai Tours
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Agra Day Tour Packages
Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Rajasthan Four Wheel Drive Pvt. Ltd.
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Bike Tours, Multi-day Tours
Discover India by Car
Sightseeing Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, City Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
8,016 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to shortlist a travel Company?

Good tips.

deepak

Mumbai
Level Contributor
10,243 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to shortlist a travel Company?

Very Sound Advice.

CarLink

3. Re: How to shortlist a travel Company?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2015, 06:17