We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Experts - will anybody from Railway staff be there!

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
35 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Need Experts - will anybody from Railway staff be there!

Hi All,

I am planning to visit Nainital with my family but I have stuck in a problem..... as I plan my tour from kolkata so I searched on www.irctc.co.in for the trains to Kathgodam.

And I found a only train that connect Kolkata to Kathgodam named Bagh Express (train no. 13019) But the problem is that this train takes much travel time (35 hrs 45 min) which is very irritating.

So I searched in a different way that time I searched trains for Kolkata to Delhi (to decrease the travel time) and I noticed that any premium train e.g. Rajdhani,Duranto takes 18 hrs to reach delhi and from Delhi to Kathgodam by train takes maximum 8 hrs.

So 18 hrs + 8 hrs = 26 hrs thats mean I safe 10 hrs (36 hrs - 26 hrs)

But the main problem is that when the trains i.e. Rajdhani or Duronto reaches at Old Delhi (station code DLI) in that time there are no trains for kathgodam from Delhi.

Ranikhet exp(15013) dep. at 22:35

ANVT KGM SHT(12040) dep. at 6:15

UTR SAMPRK K EXP(15035) dep. at 16:00

wherever the Rajdhani & Duronto two best speed trains from kolkata to Delhi reaches at Old Delhi station at 6:05 [NDLS DURONTO-12273], at 9:55 [Kolkata Rajdhani-122305], at 10:20 [SDAH RAJDHANI-122313]

That means no matching time

According to this R&D I have to stay hour and hour at the station which is very heitic with family.

So in this case what should I do??????

Thank you so much for your patience and reading this topic.

Looking forward to your inputs....

Any help is highly appreciated.....

Thanks in adv.

Amit

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
1,923 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need Experts - will anybody from Railway staff be there!

Hi,

Your problem is that you are not getting connecting trains with suitable timings.

Kindly increase your budget and try Sale of airlines selling tickets and you will get air tickets at very cheap rate.

or if you travel by railway, you may have to stay in Delhi for a day. Try the new accommodation facilities of Indian railways in Delhi for a day.

Sanjiv

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
35 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need Experts - will anybody from Railway staff be there!

Hi SanjivMulye

Your suggestion is good but I don't want to waste a day by staying at Delhi.And the another problem is that My brother is afraid of traveling by flight.So train is the only option.

Amit

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
35 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need Experts - will anybody from Railway staff be there!

Hi SanjivMulye

Your suggestion is good but I don't want to waste a day by staying at Delhi.And the another problem is that My brother is afraid of traveling by flight.So train is the only option.

Amit

Muzaffarpur, India
Destination Expert
for Sikkim, Manali, New Delhi, Darjeeling, Bihar
Level Contributor
12,764 posts
323 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need Experts - will anybody from Railway staff be there!

Hi

If you arrive by sealdah duranto you reach New Delhi(NDLS) at 11.45 and uttarakhand sampark kranti depart from delhi jn(DLI) at 16:00 so its just 4 hr gap.Thats not a big time.You have to transfer fron new delhi to old delhi railway station,you may have lunch.Time would be spend easily,not a full day to spend.

Thanx

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
35 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need Experts - will anybody from Railway staff be there!

Hi Rapat

It shows that you worked hard with the time table....Thanks....

But If I go through by your suggestion thats mean I have to change the train 3 times.

1st one from Sealdah to New Delhi

2nd time from New Delhi to Old Delhi

And the last one is Delhi to Kathgodam

Do you not think that It is a extra journey with my family?

I think otherwise it is a good thought.

Thanks

Amit

Muzaffarpur, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,764 posts
323 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need Experts - will anybody from Railway staff be there!

New delhi to delhi jn can be done by auto/taxi/metro.This is the best combination under your condition.Its also safe to have at least 4 hr gap between trains.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
35 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need Experts - will anybody from Railway staff be there!

Hi

I think this is a good solution.Would you plz tell me How long does Metro take to reach Old Delhi from New Delhi?

Pls also mention the metro station names between New Delhi and Old Delhi serially & correctly.

Amit

Muzaffarpur, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,764 posts
323 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need Experts - will anybody from Railway staff be there!

New delhi metro station in situated on campus ajmeri gate side.Metro station for old delhi station is chandani chowk.There is only one station,chawari bazar between .But if you are travelling with heavy luggage then metro should be avoided otherwise metro is the best way to travel in delhi,fare would be 8 rs.Its a 5 min jouney.

Edited: 21 July 2014, 17:03
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
35 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Need Experts - will anybody from Railway staff be there!

Thanks Rapat.As u mention the point about luggage then if I travell by Auto then what is your option.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
35 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Need Experts - will anybody from Railway staff be there!

Thanks Rapat.As u mention the point about luggage then if I travell by Auto then what is your opinion.