We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Goa and/or India?

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Goa and/or India?

Planning to spend two weeks in India in June 2015.

Is a week enough to spend in both Goa and Kerala? We want to go to Goa first and then travel to Kerala, but i've heard many mixed reviews about the trains and I was wondering if anyone had any personal experience doing the journey?

And if anyone has recommendations on where to stay/things to do, i'd love to know! I've read much about these places on the internet, but i think personal experience is way more informative!

Thank you!

Kottayam, India
Destination Expert
for Kerala
Level Contributor
6,059 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Goa and/or India?

A week in kerala is enough to see major attractions excluding beaches.

The places i recommend are

cochin>munnar>thekkady>kumarakom>alapuzha>cochin

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
1,707 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Goa and/or India?

June is not really a good time to visit Goa as its monsoon time, and lots of restaurants and shacks will be closed. We got the train from Trivandrum in Kerala, to Goa. It's a very long journey, about 20 hours but you get a taste of the "real" India. You have to book the trains well in advance, 60 days if possible as they are very busy.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Goa and/or India?

Thank you!! I will do some research into these places :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Goa and/or India?

Thanks for the tip, i didn't know that! Would you suggest going earlier in the year? Or later? My friends went in june/july time so I thought it would be okay!! Haha!

Goa
Level Contributor
849 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Goa and/or India?

Best time to visit is between October and april, closer to Christmas the better the weather gets but generally it's rain free from Nov to April, cooler at nights in December (but still nice). This might give you an idea for weather, shouldn't be huge difference between Goa and Kerela (I don't think).

http://www.poipleshadow.com/Weather-In-Goa

6. Re: Goa and/or India?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2015, 05:16