We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

India in 1 Week

Okinawa, Japan
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
India in 1 Week

Hi there!

My husband and I are visiting India from November 7-15. We arrive at 1:30 am on the 8th and have to leave around 2:30 am on the 15th (drat losing time to flights!)

We would like to visit New Delhi, Ranthambore, Jaipur, and Agra. I've read some articles that make that seem too ambitious for 1 week of travel, but if possible, we'd really like to do it! Do you have any advise for how much time we should spend in each city? Tripgator suggests going from New Delhi to Ranthambore to Jaipur to Agra and back to New Delhi.

Anything you absolutely loved and wouldn't miss?

Agra
Destination Expert
for Agra
Level Contributor
4,954 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: India in 1 Week

You can do Delhi-Agra-Ranthambore-Jaipur-Delhi in above mentioned time....all these cities are well connected by road and train network...trip can be done with the combination of both.

2N Delhi....travel by car to Agra1N....from Agra to Bharatpur by car,Bharatpur to 2NRanthambore.....Ranthambore to Jaipur 2N by car and back to Delhi by car.

Regards

Rashid Agra

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,527 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: India in 1 Week

As per me one week is perfect for this such traveling. Wish you wonderful trip

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
227 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: India in 1 Week

Dear Guest,

Please find suggested itinerary as below.

08th Nov’14: Arrive Delhi

09th Nov’14: Full Day Delhi Sightseeing

10th Nov’14: Delhi – Agra (By Drive 205 Kms / 4-5 Hrs.)

11th Nov’14: Early Morning visit Taj Mahal + Agra fort + Evening again visit Taj Mahal at Sun Set

time.

12th Nov’14: Agra to Ranthambore (by Drive 260 / 5-6 Hrs.) + PM Jungle Safari by Shared Canter

13th Nov’14: Morning Jungle Safari by Shared Canter + drive from Ranthambore – Jaipur (By Drive 128 Kms / 2-3 Hrs) + Half day sightseeing

14th Nov’14: Half day Jaipur City Sightseeing + Drive to Delhi to catch flight for onward destination. (15th Nov’14 at 0230 Hrs.)

Best Regards

delhiguide

Jaipur
Level Contributor
445 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: India in 1 Week

Dear AnnaKristen,

Namaste!!

Your tour plan is very good and you can do Delhi, Agra, Ranthambhore, and Jaipur and back to Delhi in one week, it is better by road, and I would suggest you below itenarary-

Day 01 – Delhi – Arrival and stay in your Hotel

Day 02 - Delhi – (full day sightseen) stay in your Hotel

Day 03 – Delhi to Agra -1 Night – Half day sightseen

Day 04 – Agra to Ranthambhore (Morning time you see TAJ MAHAL) Stay at Ranthambhore

Day 05 – Ranthambhore – (Jungle Safari – Morning & Evening) stay in your Hotel

Day 06 – Ranthambhore to Jaipur (Sightseen) stay in your Hotel

Day 07 – Jaipur – Full days sightseen with amber fort, Hawa mahal, City palace, Albert Hall etc.

Day 08 – Jaipur to Delhi for Departure.

Cheers!!!

Okinawa, Japan
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: India in 1 Week

Thank you so much for sharing such great itineraries with me! Do you recommend hiring a driver, renting a car, or going by train?

Edited: 17 August 2014, 14:10
New Delhi
Level Contributor
3,717 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: India in 1 Week

Dear Guest

If you want your tour hassle free and memorable then hire good car with reliable English speaking driver for entire itinerary. Route is Delhi - Agra - Ranthambhore via fatehpur sikri to jaipur to Delhi. if you like please take quote from 2-3 reliable services providers before finals your options. hope it will be help you.

Thanks and regards

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,469 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: India in 1 Week

Namaste!

The itineraries suggested above are okay.

A chauffeur driven car is recommended.

agra
Level Contributor
1,673 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: India in 1 Week

Private car would be the best idea.

You can enjoy landscape , visiting en route great monument and away from hassle of train booking and journey

Cheers

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
227 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: India in 1 Week

i will advise you to hire private car / driver instead the train journey. the train runs point to point service and again you need to hire taxi for transfers and sightseeing, it will more expansive for you. it will better to hire private car / driver for entire trip.

please note train booking opens 60 days prior to travelling date.

ask me if you need any more information.

best Regards

delhiguide

10. Re: India in 1 Week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2015, 05:17