We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Payment issue for eTourist visa

Brentwood, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
2 reviews
Payment issue for eTourist visa

Hi

I having completed an online eTourist visa for India and have attempted to make payment with my credit card. Each time I complete the visa questions, enter my card payment details, get transferred to my bank's security page, complete that and proceed but after that point I seem to be transferred but then I get an error message to say check if https://mpi.onlinesbi.com is the correct address. Has anybody else encountered issues like this?

Many thanks

Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
1. Re: Payment issue for eTourist visa

Hi,

I've been trying to pay my visa for days now and I have the exact same problem.

I wrote an e-mail to indiatvoa@gov.in and here is what they answer me 2 days ago:

''Greetings !!

Apologies for the inconvenience caused !!

We have been facing some technical glitches with our Bank’s Payment Gateway and some international cards are not being read.

We would request you to kindly make a fresh application once again after a span of 5 hours atleast and then pay.

In case you have already tried more than five times then you have to re do the entire application form once again as after trying five times the application gets locked permanently

Make sure you delete the browser history and cookies while doing so.

Regards,

e-TV Team''

I've been doing just that for 2 days but still doesn't work. I also have a helpline No. +91-11-24300666. But I'm from Canada and I don't really want to call in India...

I sended another e-mail but still didn't have any response.

If some can help us, it would be really appreciated before it's too late.

Brentwood, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Payment issue for eTourist visa

Just tried again using different payment card, it went through this time. My husband's still not though but think he may have tried more than 5 times so going to redo his application.

Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
3. Re: Payment issue for eTourist visa

I just received an answer to my e-mail and they said it looks likeit failed because of an invalid issuer.They said to Please enter the correct name of the bank. So I'll try again. I don't know why they don't connect with my bank...

Brentwood, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Payment issue for eTourist visa

Good luck. My husband's has just gone through now too.

London, United...
3 posts
5. Re: Payment issue for eTourist visa

Getting exactly the same problem. I have tried Debit/Credit cards and IE/Chrome

A great advertisement for Indian IT skills, I don't think

London
Level Contributor
9,112 posts
55 reviews
6. Re: Payment issue for eTourist visa

Switching off wifi and using 3g/4g on phones has been a way several posters have solved this problem, marrioma. Another suggestion is to use friends wifi that is on another network - such as talktalk or virgin.

London, United...
3 posts
7. Re: Payment issue for eTourist visa

Many thanks wanderin_star. Your advice pointed me in the right direction.

I had been using my desktop on my BT broadband connection.

When I went round to my daughter this morning and used my tablet via her Zen broadband, everything worked OK.

London, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
16 reviews
8. Re: Payment issue for eTourist visa

I've been trying to pay for my eVisa for days and get a message that the online service is not working all the time. How am I ever going to get to pay? The only helpline telephone number is in India and I'm sure they won't sort out a visa payment. This is just totally unacceptable.

UK
Level Contributor
2 posts
47 reviews
9. Re: Payment issue for eTourist visa

I've had the 'online service not working message' which went eventually. The Helpline said they had a glitch and try in 10 hours-i tried for 2 days.

I now get a message saying my payment hasn't been taken, but I've not even been allowed to enter any card details-it goes straight from Pay now button to money not taken

any ideas? On talktalk

London, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
16 reviews
10. Re: Payment issue for eTourist visa

I still haven't got any further. Called the High Commission in London and they said to call the helpline number in India. I've gone this at least a dozen times and the just leave you holding on. Now the High Commission has given me an email address for the place in India and I'm waiting for a rely from them. It looks like I could well lose my holiday over this and insurance doesn't cover it.