We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trek AC or EBC what pills/medications should one bring?

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,242 posts
260 reviews
Save Topic
Trek AC or EBC what pills/medications should one bring?

Could you advise what pills/medications should one bring along just in case... (Last year when traveling through Borneo I was really glad to have the antibiotics along when the stingray bit my leg)

are there any shots one should get prior the trekking or arrival to Nepal?

thank you

Melbourne
Level Contributor
60 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trek AC or EBC what pills/medications should one bring?

If you are going with one of the larger organised treks, you will probably find that they carry a wide range of medication and first aid equipment to cover most things.

However, having recently experienced the EBC trek I would definately recommend the following:

Basic painkillers like panadol

Altitude sickness pills

anti nausea tablets

rehydration powder/glucose tablets

something for diarrhea

cold & flu tabs & maybe a decongestant & throat lozenges

a really good protective windscreen/sunscreen & lipbalm

soft tissues (almost our entire group caught colds and a sore red nose soon becomes a coldsore up there)

antiseptic hand cream & wipes

bandaids & antiseptic cream

Also, make sure you have Hep A and Typhoid shots.

2. Re: Trek AC or EBC what pills/medications should one bring?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2009, 12:21