We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa

Wing
Level Contributor
181 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Visa

We are going to Nepal overland just to get our passports stamped so that we can stay in India for another 180 days. We will only stay for a day or so. We have looked at various sites and got conflicting advice.

Can anyone out there advise accurately? Thanks in advance.

MaineUSA
Level Contributor
832 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa

Our experience three different times entering Nepal has been that if you are planning to be in Nepal for three days or less that there is no charge for the visa. You do need to bring a pasport photo.

Kathmandu
Level Contributor
928 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa

Hello Coco,

I think this is not true that if you just get your passport stamped for Nepal visa then you can stay in india for another 180 days.

That can;t be true since every country has it's own policy.

I am not full sure about this so that I will write you tomorrow morning, what;s the truth is.

With Best Regards,

Upendra Duwadi

Travel Consultant and Trek Guide

Thamel, Kathmandu

Nepal

Kathmandu
Level Contributor
928 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa

Hello there,

Yeah its true that if you come to Nepal and get stamped your passport you can stay in India for another 180 days.

If you need more information then post in the forum.

With best regards,

Upendra Duwadi

Travel Consultant and Trek Guide

Thamel, Kathmandu

Nepal

4. Re: Visa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 March 2010, 06:22