We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ashrams in nepal?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
ashrams in nepal?

I will be in Nepal in June-July and would like to stay at an ashram for part of it. Most of what I have found is expensive, vacation-style retreats. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Kathmandu
Level Contributor
928 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ashrams in nepal?

May be you can try to stay like as an volunteer! You can try the Ashram in Pashupatinath or there is also an Ashram in Muktinath too. I do not have information about prices etc but I guess you can stay for some time there. But what kind of Ashram you are looking for? Buddhist or Hindu? May be you can try to stay teach / stay in Monastery too in Kathmandu or near Kathmandu.

Verona, Italy
Level Contributor
139 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ashrams in nepal?

Osho tapoban, near kathmandu valley, is really nice place. The Ashram have various room that suits your budget and location is really peaceful and beauftiful.

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
402 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ashrams in nepal?

Hi There,

Osho tapoban is fairly nice ashrams in Nepal go there or you can try in kopan Monastry,for more information go to below link.

www.kopan-monastery.com/about_info.html#9

enjoy your Nepal trip

Mississauga
Level Contributor
1 post
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ashrams in nepal?

Hello, I am looking to stay at an Ashram in Nepal for, at this point, it doesn't matter how long. Also, is there any other stay information you would recommend. I was just going to stay at hostels and have found many on hostelworld.com. However, is there any that you would personally suggest.

Any other information that you feel would be helpful, would be greatly appreciated.

All the best,

Susana

5. Re: ashrams in nepal?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 31 August 2012, 08:35
WInnipeg
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: ashrams in nepal?

Namaste!

Greetings you can also visit the Ananada Yoga Center (ashram) in Kathmandu. They are located just outside Kathmandu on the side of a mountain with good hiking. Prepare to work. The yoga studio on the top floor and they have a roof top yoga. There is a view of the Himilayans and sunrising up there too. They provide authentic yoga experience including medititation, chanting, yoga nidra, pranayama and two times asanas everyday including advanced postures. Also, they have yogic cleansing.

www.anandayogacenter.webs.com/

Kathmandu, Nepal
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: ashrams in nepal?

Hello!

Hamsda Yog Ashram is one of the best ashram in Nepal situated at Janegal, Kavre around 23Km east of Kathmandu. It is situated at the top of the Hill. This ashram is highly spiritual taught yoga there by Rishi Kumar Panchsheel and Pranmurti. The cost is as ur convenient. Any dificulties in Kathmandu shall be inquired on cell phone +977985105665.

R K Thakur (Ramsheel)

New Baneshwor, Kathmandu.

Kathmandu, Nepal
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: ashrams in nepal?

Hello!

Hamsda Yog Ashram is one of the best ashram in Nepal situated at Janegal, Kavre around 23Km east of Kathmandu. It is situated at the top of the Hill. This ashram is highly spiritual taught yoga there by Rishi Kumar Panchsheel and Pranmurti. The cost is as ur convenient. Any dificulties in Kathmandu shall be inquired on cell phone +977985105665.

R K Thakur (Ramsheel)

New Baneshwor, Kathmandu.

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
68 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: ashrams in nepal?

you can visit Namo Buddha where you can get very peaceful environment.

Bhim

Dharamsala, India
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: ashrams in nepal?

Namaste ,i plan to get to Nepal with my two boys( 7 and 9 yrsold ) by middle of July from India...I m looking for an ashram either with budhism teachings or yoga ashram ...I am on a low budget and will not be able to afford and dont wanna get to this kind of vacation kind of retreat ...I am in India to deeper my spiritual path through yoga and meditation,as i ve been teaching yoga for more than two years now;;;;I wasinterested into the Hamsda Yog Ashram ,but i dont fiind any further info on it on the net ..Anyone can advice ?Thanks for your time and love ,Sev