We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trekkers' Rucksack Protector

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
9,634 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Trekkers' Rucksack Protector

Hi

I used a Rucksack Pro-tector for a trip to Nepal this year and it was very useful.

First up it did what it said on the tin and protected my rucksack from damage on the carousel and by baggage handlers picking it by the wrong straps. I was confident it helped to stop any opportunistic pilfering from the many pockets and zips too. Carrying my pack to the airport in the usual way it was really easy to slide the protector over and secure it once in the check-in queue and check in was smooth in both directions.

Secondly, once in Kathmandu it was useful to put in the gear I didn't need for trekking and store it at the hotel until my return. On previous trips I've taken a separate holdall for this purpose and the protector saves some space in the pack. It's common for trekkers to do this so it's a bonus use of the Pro-tector.

It had a third use too: for packing the extra stuff I bought on the trip that would not fit into my rucksack. I bought clothes and slid them into the Pro-tector which fortunately had spare room - worth considering when deciding which size to get.

It's a well-made sturdy piece of kit that will survive trip after trip.

The Pro-tector travel pouch is a good design too; very useful for keeping documents, money and cards together and safe while going through the airport and on a day to day basis on the trip. Handy from a trekking point of view too - to store the wads of rupees one needs and to keep the TIMS card, park permits and passport handy for check points. I like to keep the various receipts and tickets as souvenirs and you get quite a few in Nepal from the numerous temples and other sights.

Good kit all round and ethically made in Nepal (which makes a change).

scoodly

1. Re: Trekkers' Rucksack Protector

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 28 June 2012, 21:55
2. Re: Trekkers' Rucksack Protector

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 28 June 2012, 23:35
Denmark
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trekkers' Rucksack Protector

Scoodly; I think you should delete the post with the link. It is advertising.

But if someone asked for the name of the company and a link, it would be ok to post it...in my opinion.

(I know that TA isn't about charity, but I really like the thought behind this company...that everything is produced in Nepal, it creates jobs in a country that really needs it and makes it possibly for families to earn a living)

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
9,634 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trekkers' Rucksack Protector

Thanks Lisbeth. How do I edit the post?

scoodly

Denmark
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trekkers' Rucksack Protector

To delete the post - the one with the link - you can just use the 'Report inappropriate content' function and then choose 'Remove my post'.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
9,634 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trekkers' Rucksack Protector

Thanks again, i worked it out - now gone.

scoodly

Denmark
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trekkers' Rucksack Protector

RudyvanBruggen

Most people write under usernames, which are not similar to their IRL-name, here on TA. You have just now revealed a members identity! That is why I have reported your post as inappropriate (if it is suddenly removed and you wonder why).