We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Exchanging Nepalese Rupee for AUD

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
11 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Exchanging Nepalese Rupee for AUD

My daughter returned from Nepal and still has some Nepalese Rupee, have tried banks and money exchange at Perth airport but am unable to exchange for AUD as they only buy what they sell. Does anyone have any ideas where we can get the money exchanged for Aussie dollars in Perth.

Thanks

Denmark
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Exchanging Nepalese Rupee for AUD

You can not exchange into NRP outside Nepal and tourists are not supposed to bring NRP out of Nepal...actually I think it isn't legal.

The best chance to get them exchanged is to find some one going to Nepal, who will exchange for her.

I hope it is not too big an amount!

France
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
3,425 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Exchanging Nepalese Rupee for AUD

I would also say the same thing that find someone who is coming to Nepal! You can sell them Nepalese Rupees in cheaper price so that definitely they will exchange. Post in the forums like Trek Info, Lonely Planet and TripAdvisor with the message that you have some Nepali Rupee and you want to sell them in better rates, I have seen such messages in Lonely Planet couple of times, home you will find someone!

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,261 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Exchanging Nepalese Rupee for AUD

There is a sizable Nepalese community in Aus believe me or not - look it up on the web for Nepalese community in Aus - they may have a Perth chapter or contact - then it is just a matter of finding some Nepali who will be travelling Nepal - offer him or her a decent exchange rate -

Start here

Naa.org.au

Good luck

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
158 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Exchanging Nepalese Rupee for AUD

Yes ether you need to find some tourist to get changed who are going Nepal for or you need to find some Nepali that can change .

western australia
Level Contributor
667 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Exchanging Nepalese Rupee for AUD

Hi Sam

I might be interested, and I live in Perth. Send me a message.

Gill

6. Re: Exchanging Nepalese Rupee for AUD

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 14:16