We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nepal or Sikkim

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
131 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Nepal or Sikkim

Hi Guys! I want to visit either Nepal or Sikkim in Oct for a week. I am coming with my wife!

Can anyone suggest me which is better choice for new married couple.

Itinerary please

We are flying from Delhi.

Cheers

Kathmandu
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Nepal or Sikkim

Hi there,

Nepal is the best Honeymoon spot for newly married couple. Because there are lots of Indian married couple travel to Nepal for Honeymoon trip.

Enjoy your holiday

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Nepal or Sikkim

Hi there,

Of course Nepal, but it depends on what kinds of culture /society mountains, landscape... you love?

Day 01. Kathamdnu arrival & free day

Day 02. Kathmandu to Pokhara {by Flight/drive}

Day 03. Drive to Nayapul and trek to Tikhe Dhunga

Day 04. Trek to Ghorepani

Day 05. Trek to Ghandruk

Day 06. Trek to Nayapul and drive to Pokhara

Day 07. Drive/flight to Kathmandu

Day 08. Departure

And you may spent a week around kathmandu valley and Pokhara as relaxation honeymoon.

Guide

France
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
3,450 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nepal or Sikkim

I haven't been to Sikkim but Nepal is quite a nice place to travel as a couple. I am sure that you won't get disappointed with Nepal if you come over here. I personally do not suggest you to do any treks or anything. In my opinion a honeymoon should be romantic and free of tiredness but of course a trek will make your tired. Here is the itinerary that I can suggest you:

Day 01: Explore Patan and Bhaktapur and drive to Nagarkot for overnight stay

Day 02: Explore Kathmandu [don't miss Garden of Dreams]

Day 03: Drive to Bandipur village for overnight

Day 04: Drive to Pokhara, transfer to Hotel

Day 05: Explore Pokhara, may be think about doing peaceful boating in Phewa Lake for an hour or so, go to Sarangkot for sunset viewing

Day 06: Probably you can drive to Lumbini, explore Lumbini

Day 07: Drive to Kathmandu, to the Hotel

Enjoy your trip in Nepal!

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,302 posts
234 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nepal or Sikkim

sikkim is a province of india and nepal is a whole country in itself last time i checked. there's is no apple to apple comparision here that you can select the one between the two, it's like asking Japan vs. Beijing or Whole of Canada vs. Idaho - you get my gist. Besides this is a nepal forum - where you are not likely fo find many people with the expertise in sikkim. do this - spend some time researching both the places seperately here in TA. what to do and see in nepal - this topic has been addressed gazillion times in this forum - you have to click the links and browse through it. i am sure you could do the same in Sikikim forum,. then if you have specific questions about certain places or aspects about nepal travel - you can ask it here - there are plenty of expert that will guide you. good luck.

Edited: 26 August 2012, 02:12
5. Re: Nepal or Sikkim

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 27 August 2012, 08:35
Sydney,Australia
Level Contributor
395 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nepal or Sikkim

all these indians and their questions regarding packages in Nepal Hmmmmmm giving me a headache now and Sikkim is in India your country you should know better.

Denmark
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nepal or Sikkim

neupaneaj & KTMSYD

Ya...but it is so much easier if you can make other people do your homework ;-)

For the OP:

Nepal is better for new married couples!

Itinerary:

Day 1: Arrival to Kathmandu

Day 2-6: Holliday according to what you find interesting

Day 7: Departure from Kathmandu

Without telling more about what you like to do (trekking, culturel sightseeing, meditation, bungee jumping, paragliding, jungle activities, etc. no one can make suggestions and certainly not an itinenary for you.

And as stated in post 4....the Tripadvisor forums are not a travel agency. The members that writes here are travellers just like you and are answering questions in their spare time. They are not proffesionels and those who are, are not supposed to run their business in the forums.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,302 posts
234 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nepal or Sikkim

Lisbeth and KTMSYD

I need a bus ticket from KTM to Delhi then on to Agra for tomorrow. Who has the tickets??

Does this sum it up??......ha ha.

Denmark
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nepal or Sikkim

neupaneaj

Almost...you would probably also like to know how long time the transport is and your seat number. And if the weather is better in Goa than in Canada.

Next time I stop by in Bangkok, I will let you know...I think we could have some fun hours :-)

Kathmandu, Nepal
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Nepal or Sikkim

In My view Nepal Is one of the best place for new married people. Itinerary you make yours self but from my view itinerary is like this .

Day 1 Arrival in Kathmandu.

Day 2 morning visit pashupatinath and afternoon sightseeing evening dinner in drem of garden .

Day 3 fly or drive to pokhara .

Day 4 visit Pokhara

Day 5 Pokhara to Chitwan .

Day 6 In chitwan .

Day 7 back to kathmandu .

If you have more then 7 days then you can visit Nagarkot .if you don't have time then back to delhi .