We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa on arrival

oxford
Level Contributor
81 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Visa on arrival

Am I right in saying Uk passport holders get visa on arrival at Kathmandu airport?

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
8,524 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa on arrival

Hi

Yes, no problem; more information on

http://www.immi.gov.np/

including a downloadable application for. Complete this before landing to help speed your way through immigration.

scoodly

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
55 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa on arrival

Thanks Scoodly. Yr reply helped me too. Have downloaded form. Needs Photo. Should we have photos organised or will they webcam us at airport?

Kathmandu,Nepal
Level Contributor
473 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa on arrival

Hi Nins,

Bring some passport size picture with you, which helps you go out fast from Immigration. I haven't heard there is webcam system.

Guide

Dubai, United Arab...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa on arrival

hi,

im a filipino passport holder but currently residing in Dubai.

Can i get a visa on arrival as a tourist in your country. If so what i need to bring to present at the Immigration. my email may.rodriguez@trencrom.com

more power

May

Settle, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
2,316 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa on arrival

Yes - you need a photo (theoretically they ask for two, but I have never been asked for the second one), and the relevant fee in cash. US$ or GB£ are accepted - I'm not sure about other currencies (as I've not used others). You'll also need an additional photo if you are trekking (for TIMS card: if you are using an agent they'll want the photo when you arrive)

Dubai, United Arab...
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa on arrival

Thnx so much Alanyeti

Your info really help me a lot.

Will then have to start packing soon

Cheers

7. Re: Visa on arrival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2013, 10:17