We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Omni Trek Nepal

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Omni Trek Nepal

***TREKKER BEWARE***

I would strongly recommend NOT using Omni Trek Nepal! We recently went on a trek organised by them. They booked our return flights from Lukla on the wrong day, consequently we were stuck there for 3 days (had to pay our own way and there are no working ATM's in Lukla)! Omni assumed no responsibility for there error. Our guides advised us that it could have been a 6/7 day wait as they desperately tried to get us on another flight! 6 of us had to pay $3,300AUD to charter a helicopter (which was no easy task to organise, no thanks to Omni) as we would have missed our international flights home! We met the owner of Omni back in Kathmandu, he just sat there with a cheesy grin on his face and assumed no responsibility for his error for something which we had booked almost 5 months in advance! It was a very sad way to end our Trek as we had such a great time... but I would strongly recommend NOT using Omni Trek Nepal!

Kathmandu, Nepal
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Omni Trek Nepal

Lukla airport is unpredictable and airport closes anytime, so any trekkers are requested to make up their mind for backup plan for helicopter flight for incase from your pockets. Above case is very normal and no trekking company will pay for helicopter flight so please be sure trekking company definitely help any trekkers out if stranded otherwise they might have stranded for more days, so please do not blame trekking company, we know any trekking company definitely help their clients and it seemed some one pissed off due to helicopter cost.

Thank you,

Jit Yale,

Trekking Guide

Settle, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
2,333 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Omni Trek Nepal

Jit Y: I take your point about Lukla being closed if the weather is not good, but the original post says that the agency had actually booked the flights on the WRONG DAY. If that was the case then surely they should bear some responsibility for the outcome.

3. Re: Omni Trek Nepal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2013, 13:08
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Omni Trek Nepal

Jit Yale, it is apparent that you are employed by a trekking company. Obviously there are no givens when traveling... However when you book a tour over 5 months in advance... you expect that the company will actually book your flights on the right day! and not notify you that they've messed up when it's too late!

No excuses, you messed up and won't take any responsibility!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Omni Trek Nepal

Thanks Alanyeti, i'm so glad you actually saw the point of my post!

Canberra, Australia
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Omni Trek Nepal

Hey Travel Mike... I kinda wish i had read this post much earlier in the year as I am just reading this 2 days before I head off. did you have travel insurance? Would they cover for helicopter flights? koolerken

Edited: 12 February 2013, 02:25
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Omni Trek Nepal

Travel Insurance will cover you providing you can provide documentation (which is impossible), you'll find out that nothing over there has a system, procedures ect. it's at the extreme end of 3rd world! but don't fret, the best piece of advise I could give is if you are flying out of lukla, dont have anything booked for a few days after just incase... if you do leave on time, you can always find something when you arrive back down the mountain.

Kathmandu,Nepal
Level Contributor
473 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Omni Trek Nepal

Sure, it's agency's Error {110%}

9. Re: Omni Trek Nepal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2014, 05:17