We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dhunche transport

Rotterdam, The...
Level Contributor
1,316 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Dhunche transport

Hello,

After our Gosaikunda Helambu trekking we have to go back from Dhunche to Kathmandu .

We are with 4 people and prever to hire a private car . Can we arange this in Dhunche after the trekking or is it better to arange it in Kathmandu before the trekking .

Any idea about how much $ this will be .

Thx Bill

Cumbria
Level Contributor
4,990 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dhunche transport

The way I see it is that you have 2 choices

1) Take a chance and when you arrive in Dunche ask around to se if a 4x4 has brought trekkers either there or to Syabru Besi that day and indicate an interest in hiring the vehicle for its return journey to Kathmandu – You always have the bus to fall back on and believe it or not, you will actually find the bus quite comfortable after 10 days trekking ;-) – If you opt for this then a ballpark figure would be about $200 ($50 each) where as the bus is between $5 and $10

2) Arrange a pick-up in advance, this will certainly cost you considerably more and also you would then have to be back in Dunche on a certain day and that would remove any flexibility that you have

If it were me I would go for option one ;-)

Good Luck and Happy Safe Trekking

Rob

Settle, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
2,347 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dhunche transport

Unless you cross the Laurebina La, go down through Phedi, Ghopte, Tharepati, Mangengoth, Pati Bhajang to Chisapani, and end your trek at the road head below Sundarijal, from where it's less tha an hours taxi ride bacl into Kathmandu. It may take one or two days longer on trek, but it's a cheaper option, takes you through splendid country, and saves you spending a full day on the road

France
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
3,450 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dhunche transport

Once I found a jeep which was returning back to Kathmandu after dropping some people in Dhunche and I was able to get a very good dear there. If you are lucky and traveling in main trekking season then you will have chances to find a jeep / car in very reasonable price there but it's not totally confirmed. If you do not find a jeep or a car then you will certainly need to come by local bus. If you want to be 100% sure then please arrange your transportation in advance otherwise you can test your luck once you reach Dhunche.

Rotterdam, The...
Level Contributor
1,316 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dhunche transport

Thx ,

@ Alanyeti , i was thinking the same , but the risk of getting symptoms of altitude sickness is much higher they told me .

We will do this trek ,

Day 1

Kathmandu to Sundarijal trek to Chisapani

Day 2

Chisapani to Kutumsang

Day 3

Kutumsang to Tharepati

Day 4

Tharepati to Ghopte

Day 5

Ghopte to Gosakunda Lake

Day 6

Gosaikunda lake to Sing gompa

Day 7

Sing Gompa to Thulo Sabru

Day 8

Thulo Syabru to Dhunche

Day 9

Dhunche to Kathmandu

When we start in Dunche we will be on 3300m the second day and the 3th day at 4500m , from what i did read this to much in 2 -3 days .

Bill

5. Re: Dhunche transport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 January 2014, 10:17