We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 posts
Save Topic

What is the typical cost per day including guide

Settle, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
2,371 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Costs

On trek, 2 people employing a guide and a porter, somewhere in the region of US$50 each per day to cover their wages, insurance, all accommodation and food.

Additionally you'll have to consider transport to the start and at the finish of your trek, permits/National Park Entrance fees, Trekker Information Management System ('TIMS') card, etc.

Perhaps at this stage it might be worth emailing a few companies in Nepal with the outline of your itinerary, and asking them for comments, and an overall figure for the whole package.

There are hundreds of agencies in Nepal, and many of them are good. I have put together a list of some of the ones that have been used and recommended by genuine travellers. Send me a Private Message if you want a copy of that list

Edited: 08 January 2013, 21:43
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
3,450 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Costs

Agree with Alan, the cost should be around US$ 50 if you are sharing guide and porter together. The regular guide fee per day is about US$ 25 and porter is around US$ 15. In total it will be about US$ 40 and if you share between two people it will be US$ 20 each. For foods and accommodation for you, US$ 30 per day per person should cover including couple of mineral water bottles. But alcoholic beverages are excluded,

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
158 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Costs

I agree with above posts.

I think If you share with 2 people with in 60$ / person it would cover your food and accommodation too. Here is my calculation <25/2=12.5$ for Guide + 20/2 = 10$ for porter so +30$ will cover your Food and accommodation too at trekking >Transportation might be extra ..It depends on where you go ..

Good Luck.

Have a nice time

Still have questions?Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question
4. Re: Costs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2014, 06:17