We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Told that since last month you have to get visa in advance?

Glossop, United...
Level Contributor
396 posts
567 reviews
Save Topic
Told that since last month you have to get visa in advance?

I'm going to india and nepal and been told by travel agent that since january 2013 you can't get nepal visa at ports of entry anymore and have to have visa before departure. It says otherwise on the embassy website. If agent is true this will mess up my trip as I'll have to to get 2 visas before I go in 6 weeks and worried if there's any snags I won't be able to go and lose aloads of money on booked flights and accommodation.

Sheffield, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
10,469 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Told that since last month you have to get visa in advance?

Hi

Such a change would be big news on travel sites like this and there are no reports from people being refused a visa on arrival and the 'denied boarding' of flights that this entails..

I think the travel agent is talking nonsense.

Why 2 visas?

scoodly

Edited: 11 February 2013, 23:26
Glossop, United...
Level Contributor
396 posts
567 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Told that since last month you have to get visa in advance?

2 visas - I have to get one for India where I'm going before travelling to Nepal

Sheffield, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
10,469 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Told that since last month you have to get visa in advance?

I misunderstood, thought it was 2 visas for Nepal.

immi.gov.np still says visas on arrival are available.

scoodly

4. Re: Told that since last month you have to get visa in advance?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 12 February 2013, 00:21
Settle, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
2,341 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Told that since last month you have to get visa in advance?

"Visitors may also obtain tourist visa at following arrival points in Nepal: ◦Tribhubhan International Airport (TIA), Kathmandu

◦Kakarbhitta

◦Birgunj

◦Belhiya, Bhairahawa

◦ Nepalgunj

◦Dhangadi

◦Mahendranagar

◦Kodari"

from Nepalese Embassy, London, website

kathmandu
Level Contributor
202 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Told that since last month you have to get visa in advance?

Hello keupper

Yeah i too agree with above post. There is no news regarding it. And you will get visa upon arrival on airport . There are no such rule that you have to get visa in advance. The Visa fees must be paid in cash. The most convenient currency to purchase Nepalese visas is US dollars, but GB pounds and Euros are also accepted. The charges for the visa depend on your length of stay. And Two passport sizes photos require.

Visa Fee

01: US $ 25 or equivalent foreign currency for Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 15 days.

02: US $ 40 or equivalent foreign currency for Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 30 days.

03: US $ 100 or equivalent foreign currency for Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 90 days.

Have a safe trip.

Cumbria
Level Contributor
4,876 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Told that since last month you have to get visa in advance?

Just to clarify

Yes – You Do need an Indian Visa, these aren’t available on entry.

No – You don’t need a Nepal Visa – These Are available on entry.

To speed up your entry to Nepal you can download a visa application form and have it ready filled in with your correct visa fee to hand.

Good Luck

Rob

8. Re: Told that since last month you have to get visa in advance?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2014, 07:15