We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

In Nepal wanting to relax.

Edmonton, Alberta...
Level Contributor
101 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
In Nepal wanting to relax.

Just landed in Kathmandu with no plans. I don't really feel like trekking yet and would rather get away from thamel Area. Where is a nice place to stay for a while, cheaply where I can relax, drink beer and think about my next move. Been on the road for a while now. Thanks.

What's pokhara like?

Denmark
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: In Nepal wanting to relax.

Go to Chitwan....!

(Pokahara is nice too, and you can sit at the lakeside, having a Cold beer and relax. I just like Chitwan much better)

You can search in the 'Things to do' section here in TA and get some inspiration.

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Tibet, Montagna e sport invernali, Milan, Nepal, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Ladakh, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
7,682 posts
282 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: In Nepal wanting to relax.

hallo, you can find some suggestions also here:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293889-c182391/Nepal…

have a nice trip

rongpuk

Cumbria
Level Contributor
4,622 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: In Nepal wanting to relax.

It really depends on how far you want to get away from the maddening crowd

Pokhara is certainly an option, but a very popular one

Chitwan is another, and one of my own favourites, but again there will be a lot of heading in that direction

Have you considered Bandipur ?

Another option would be Tansen

And yet another Daman

Good Luck

Rob

France
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
3,425 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: In Nepal wanting to relax.

Again Pokhara, cheap, cleaner than Kathmandu, beautiful and enjoyable!

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
980 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: In Nepal wanting to relax.

Or you could try Namobuddha or Balthali on the edge of the Kathmandu Valley, both of which have good places to stay in. It depends on what else you wnat besides beer. These are both "away from it" places where there are no nearby restaurants and only the other visitors to talk to.

Settle, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
2,330 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: In Nepal wanting to relax.

or try Bhaktapur (though it does have an influx of day visitors)

Kathmandu, Nepal
12 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: In Nepal wanting to relax.

Namaste!Nufan32,

you want , cheap, beautiful and enjoyable and relax, drink beer and think about your next move. try Kaakni, see all mounters and sunrise and sunsita.

visit kaakni.

Dev

8. Re: In Nepal wanting to relax.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2014, 06:17