We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

25 days in Nepal April 2013

Melbourne, Australia
1 post
Save Topic
25 days in Nepal April 2013

Hi everyone

I'm travelling to Nepal for my first time and have nearly 4 weeks

So far I have no real plans but apart from the first 3 days in Katmandu and a booking in a b&b for a few days in mid April in bhaktapur for the bisket jatra festival

I'm fit but not totally mad about trekking everywhere ... Interested in everything and love experiencing the culture and people and getting of the track a bit

Any suggestions would be very appreciated

Cheers Hendrik

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
80 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 25 days in Nepal April 2013

Hi Hendrik!

There are so many things to do in Nepal. As you are not so crazy for trekking, you can only have short hike near Kathmandu or Pokhara which can offer some culture, people and scenic views. One is Shivapuri-Chisapani-Nagarkot 3 days hike. or there are several different trail for this hike. You can choose one. The are places of tourist interest in Kathmandu which offers history, culture and livelihood of Nepal. The common idea is to go to Pokhara and chitwan. If you want to make your holiday quite relaxed these things are enough but if you want to cover more places you and add Lumbini, Annapurna trek, Langtang trek etc.

Include few days of homestay or stay with local Nepali family which helps you to explore the real living style and food of Nepali people.

Wish you all the best!

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Tibet, Montagna e sport invernali, Milan, Nepal, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Ladakh, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
7,750 posts
284 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 25 days in Nepal April 2013

Take a look here to our suggested places to visit in Nepal:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293889-c182391/Nepal…

namaste

rongpuk

France
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
3,450 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 25 days in Nepal April 2013

You probably have exact time for Annapurna Circuit Trek. This is one of the best treks in Nepal where I am sure you will be enjoying! Take a look here:

Day 01: Drive to Beshisahar [760M / 2493FT] and trek to Bhulbhule [780M / 2559FT]

Day 02: Trek to Chamje [1410M / 4625FT]

Day 03: Trek to Dharapani [1860M / 6102FT]

Day 04: Trek to Chame [2530M / 8300FT]

Day 05: Trek to Pisang [3060M / 10039FT]

Day 06: Trek to Manang [3440M / 11,286FT] [You have options of high route and low route to go to Manang. High route is difficult but scenic while low route is easier but less beautiful comparing to high route.]

Day 07: Acclimatization day in Manang [3440M / 11,286FT]. Please explore the surroundings. You have options to visit Gangapurna View Point, Ice Lake Hike, Milarepa Cave visit etc.

Day 08: Trek to Yak Kharka [4000M / 13,123FT]

Day 09: Trek to Thorong Phedi [4450M / 14,599FT] / High Camp [4900M / 16,076FT] [Depnding on your condition and experiences you have choices to stay either in Thorong Phedi or High Camp. If you stay in Phedi, you will probably have better sleep than in High Camp as it is situated in lower altitude. However, if you stay in High Camp, you will have easier day the very next morning.

Day 10: Trek to Muktinath [3800M / 12,467FT] via Thorong Pass [5416M / 17,769FT]

Day 11: Trek to Marpha [2670M / 8759FT]; the delightful apple kingdom of Nepal

Day 12: Trek to Ghasa [2010M / 6594FT]

Day 13: Trek to Tatopani [1190M / 3904FT] [You can take natural hot spring bath in Tatopani. Nepali word Tatopani symbolizes Hot Water.]

Day 14: Trek to Sikha [1980M / 6496FT]

Day 15: Trek to Ghorepani [2860M / 9383FT]

Day 16: Hike to Poon Hill [3210M / 10,531FT] early morning, back to the Hotel and trek to Nayapul [1070M / 3510FT], drive to Pokhara [820M / 2690FT] by private vehicle

Day 17: Drive / Fly back to Kathmandu [1300M / 4665FT]

If you are not comfortable on the way then you can easily add 1/2 days along the way for rest. The itinerary above is the standard itinerary that most of the people follow.

Good Luck with you trip!

4. Re: 25 days in Nepal April 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11 March 2013, 16:35
kathmandu
Level Contributor
202 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 25 days in Nepal April 2013

Hello hedrik

I will say you to do Annapurna circuit or upper mustang trek as your time will perfectly for this two trek which offers the great deal of culture , people and specticular view. For annapurna circuit trek Rhythm D have already given the itinerary. so for Upper mustang trek here is the itinerary:

Day 01 .Drive to Pokhara (5-6 hours) and transfer to Hotel at Pokhara.

Day 04 .Take flight to Jomsom (25minutes) and after lunch trek to Kagbeni (2800m) over night at Tea house (3-4 hrs)

Day 02 .Trek to Chele (3100m) Overnight at tea house (5-6 hrs)

Day 03 .Trek to Geling (3570m) Over night at Tea house (6-7 hrs)

Day 04 .Trek to Dhakmar (3820m) Overnight at Tea house (5-6 hrs)

Day 05 .Trek to Lo-Manthang (3840m) via Ghar Gompa Overnight at Tea house (5-6 hrs)

Day 06 .Explore Chhosar/Garphu/Nyamdo/ Kimaling / Thinggar and back to Tea house (5-6 hrs)

Day 07 .Explore around Lo- Manthang/Namgyal Monastery Overnight at Tea house

Day 08 .Trek back to Charang/Tsarang (3560m) Overnight at Tea house (3-4 hrs)

Day 09 .Trek back to Syangboche (3800m) Overnight at Tea house (5-6 hrs)

Day 10 .Trek back to Chhusang (2980m) Overnight at Tea house (4-5 hrs)

Day 11 .Trek to Muktinath (3760m) Overnight at Tea house (5-6 hrs)

Day 12 Trek back to Jomsom Overnight at Lodge (4-5 hrs)

Day 13 .Early morning take flight to Pokhara and transfer to Hotel at Pokhara.(Afternoon sightseeing Pokhara over night at Pokhara.

You can explore around Pokhara for few days. The most popular sight seeing in Pokhara are fewa lake, boat ride in fewa lake and visit peace pagoda temple, international mountain museum, david fall, gupteshor mahadev cave, seti George,Srangkot which is the most popular hill station in pokhara which offers the great view of Annapurna, Dhaulagiri and Machhapuchre himalayan range . You can also have great sunrise view. Paragliding and zip flyer also can also be done from sarangkot. From pokhara you can head to chitwan. In chitwan , you can do jungle safari with elepahant back ride, canoe ride and bird watching in rapti river, elephant breeding center, cultural program performed by local people. sunset and sunrise watch from rapti river. From chitwan you can go to lumbini . Explore around lumbini and head back to Kathmandu.

Have a safe trip

Denmark
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 25 days in Nepal April 2013

Hi Hendrik

I see the locals are suggesting longer treks!

As I read your post, your are not interested in longer treks, but more 'off the beaten tracks' experiences? It makes me wonder if a 'Homestay Village Trek' for 5-6 days wouldn't be in your taste? I have done this a few times through the agent, I normally use and found it a great way to explore local life and culture, and get chance to really meet Nepali people in their own homes.

Chitwan is also a great place to go; and if you don't choose a package, you can set your own pace on when and where you want to go.

If you are interested in more information, feel free to drop me a line :-)

7. Re: 25 days in Nepal April 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 March 2014, 04:16