We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

EBC/Gokyo trip report Feb/March 2013

western australia
Level Contributor
687 posts
260 reviews
Save Topic
EBC/Gokyo trip report Feb/March 2013

Hi All

Have finished the EBC report for my recent trip to Nepal. This is the link to the blog. It starts with an outline of the trip plan then the Kathmandu section before the EBC trek started

travelblog.org/Asia/…blog-784949.html

Thanks to the TA contributors who helped in the leadup to the trip.

Following EBC we did the Upper Mustang and following that Langtang so stay tuned.

Gill

Sheffield, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
11,883 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: EBC/Gokyo trip report Feb/March 2013

Gillg - your blog sparkles with wit and enthusiasm. Must get back to it.

scoodly

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Tibet, Montagna e sport invernali, Milan, Nepal, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Ladakh, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
7,770 posts
285 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: EBC/Gokyo trip report Feb/March 2013

Hi Gill, thanks for sharing with us!

Namaste

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
6,643 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: EBC/Gokyo trip report Feb/March 2013

What a great yarn, Gill! Thanks so much for sharing it with us.

I was a month behind you - my 2nd Nepal trip too.

Bethesda, Maryland
Level Contributor
428 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: EBC/Gokyo trip report Feb/March 2013

Very nearly what we plan to do in December 2013. Thanks for the impressions. Based on what you say, I think I'll bring my big down parka. It was good in Milwaukee winters to about -30C, so that should help. Or do you think it is too much?

western australia
Level Contributor
687 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: EBC/Gokyo trip report Feb/March 2013

Hi Robert- Definitely bring the parka IMO. December I believe is colder than when we were there.

To you others- Thanks for the encouragement

Surrey.
Level Contributor
1,683 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: EBC/Gokyo trip report Feb/March 2013

Robert - I would also advise bringing a good down jacket, mainly for the evenings. I have trekked 4 times so far in Nepal in mid winter (Dec - Jan) and have put up a post about my experiences: tripadvisor.co.uk/…48635811

Sheffield, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
11,883 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: EBC/Gokyo trip report Feb/March 2013

Another, probably superfluous, vote for taking the down jacket. As well as useful in the lodges, good for taking some time at the top of Gokyo Ri and other side trips.

scoodly

France
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
3,450 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: EBC/Gokyo trip report Feb/March 2013

Thank you so much for your blog. It's nice reading and it reminded me my trips around there! Nepal is no doubt one of the best countries in the world for trekking. Not sure when I will get leave from office for the next adventure!

Carthage, Tunisia
Level Contributor
1,024 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: EBC/Gokyo trip report Feb/March 2013

Very entertaining and informative blog. Well worth the read and brings back fond memories although I hope to go to EBC again over Christmas.

10. Re: EBC/Gokyo trip report Feb/March 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2014, 06:17