We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Regarding possibility of problems for tourists during Dasain

Kolkata (Calcutta...
2 posts
Save Topic
Regarding possibility of problems for tourists during Dasain

We, twelve people including four children, are going to Nepal in the second week of October.Although we have booked hotels at different places according to our route chart, We doubt if we will be in trouble as it is the time for Nepal's big festival, Dasain. Our route chart is Chitwan - Pokhara - Kathmandu. Will anyone help me by giving information whether we will face any problem of vehicles for site seeing or travelling long distances? Will there be restaurants available? Please give us suggestions how we should arrange things.

Edited: 20 August 2013, 14:07
France
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
3,445 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Regarding possibility of problems for tourists during Dasain

Hello Sunayan B,

Welcome to TripAdvisor forum for Nepal!

If you have already booked the accommodation there you already solved one issue. Regarding the vehicles you can book tourist buses from your hotel upon your arrival. You can write them few days before your arrival to those places to buy the bus tickets for you. I think hotels will book bus tickets for your with small service charges.

Tourist class restaurants will be opened during the festival too.

The only possible problem is with the vehicles so contacting your hotels few days before your arrival should solve your issue.

Good Luck!

Kolkata (Calcutta...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Regarding possibility of problems for tourists during Dasain

Thank you very much for the suggestion. I may seek your suggestions in future if I face problems.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,261 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Regarding possibility of problems for tourists during Dasain

this is one topic i have previously written about - travelling during dashain that is!!!

while transportation will be there and restaurants will open for the most part - here are few things to watch out for:

beginning of the festival and end of the festival will be busy travel times - busses and flights will be full as people will be travelling to various parts of the country from ktm and back. this year those dates to watch out for are Oct 11-13 and Oc18-20. but if you have booked your travels already no worries!!

now the hotels and restaurants => back in 2009 i was also in same situation travelling with 9 people to pokhara, lumbini and chitwan. not all restaurants will be open during dashain (that is, again, oct 11-20 for this year). and the ones that are open will be somewhat short staffed and not all the items in the menu may be available and service will be slow. for example - all my friends wanted to try staple Nepali snack "Momo" - which takes longer to prep hence none!! (I mean None that we went to!!) of the restaurant in PKR were selling that item on the menu during dsahain due to lack of staff) all you could order was noodles and Daal/Bhaat. Pls be mindful of that. Ask before hand if they are ready to cater to 12 people and how long the food will take.

Edited: 20 August 2013, 16:30
4. Re: Regarding possibility of problems for tourists during Dasain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2014, 06:19