We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Request suggestions from trip advisers for perfect plan

Calcutta, West...
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Request suggestions from trip advisers for perfect plan

Dear friends

I along my wife and 2 children planing the following tour on next holiday.This plan is based on informations of different forums of this site but require further clarifications. I sincerely request your valuable suggestions/edits on the plan.My plan is as follows

12th oct 2013:reaching Gorakhpur from kolkata abt 11.30 am and onwards to TANSEN –o/n.

Is it possible to REACH TANSEN BY EVENING EN ROUTE VISIT LUMBINI.

13th Proceed to POKHARA by Road:o/n

14th POKHARA S/S

15th Proceed to JOMSOM by road/helicopter -O/N.

16th proceed to MUKTINATH and back to Beni/tatopani o/n

17th retn Pokhara o/n

18th Onward KTM via Manokamana-o/n

19th KTM S/S (incl Dhulikhel)

20th KTM o/n

21st KTM TO return from Muzaffarpur

sincere thanks to all of you

kamal datta

Settle, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
2,335 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Request suggestions from trip advisers for perfect plan

The plan for the 16th looks a bit ambitious. Are you going to go up by jeep ? You'll probably not have much time in Muktinath if you plan also to be driven back to Tatopani, and even less if you hope to get to Beni

France
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
3,446 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Request suggestions from trip advisers for perfect plan

Hello Kamaldatta,

Welcome to TripAdvisor forum for Nepal!

I agree with Alan's point about 16th. I would suggest something like:

14th POKHARA S/S

15th Proceed to JOMSOM by flight/helicopter, drive to Muktinath O/N.

16th proceed to back to Beni/tatopani o/n

17th retn Pokhara o/n

18th Onward KTM via Manokamana-o/n

19th Drive to Dhulikhe, sightseeing Bhaktapur on the way

20th Return KTM, sightseeing in KTM o/n

21st KTM TO return from Muzaffarpur

I think this plan will be more comfortable in my opinion.

Good Luck!

Calcutta, West...
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Request suggestions from trip advisers for perfect plan

Dear Alanyeti & Rhythm D,

thanks for your suggestions and certainly keep in mind

may you suggest on the 12th schedule,is it possible?

France
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
3,446 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Request suggestions from trip advisers for perfect plan

Hello again,

If you reach Gorakhpur by 11:30 AM then I see possibility to reach Tansen after visiting Lumbini on the way. I guess you won't spend long time in Lumbini. It will be pretty tight but doable.

Good Luck!

Calcutta, West...
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Request suggestions from trip advisers for perfect plan

dear friends

could you pl advise whether is it possible to back to pokhara same day if go muktinth by flight .I want to back pokhara at earliest due to up altitude problem.secondly my wife proposes to to stay in pokhara with my kids.

I am in a fix as if it not be possible then I may quit the plan to Muktinath. Dear friends pl suggest suitable one.

If we go by car what will be the cost pokhara to pokhara.

France
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,446 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Request suggestions from trip advisers for perfect plan

Hi again,

It's difficult to reach Muktinath and return back same day. If there are not obstacles and if everything goes smoothly you can reach Pokhara by late evening but if you are in a fixed plan then I recommend you to skip it. You can go to Muktinath on day one and try to return wherever you can. If you reach Pokhara that's fine and if not you can return to Pokhara by next mid day.

You can't drive to Muktinath by car as the road is not paved. 4WD is a option however it's so expensive. Once I asked for a 4WD cost to Muktinath and it was about NRS 65,000 which was quite a long ago. Now, it might be expensive than that.

Good Luck!

7. Re: Request suggestions from trip advisers for perfect plan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2014, 05:18