We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tips for a quiet new years eve

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
16 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Tips for a quiet new years eve

Hi all,

I've posted questions previously about planning my trip to manaslu. That's right. That chapter is sort of set...so two of us will be in manaslu/tsum valley for about 20-25 days or more during large chunk of december. We will have around a week (+-) to spend before flying out. I've spent new years eve in pokhara the last time i was there so this time we want something quiet. We dont feel like partying or seeing animals...or meditating :)

Do you have any tips of avoiding the crowd in nepal during new years eve and around year end? Our flight out is on 2nd jan. So, perhaps places not too far from the main cities like ktm or pkr will be great. I got a tip about dhulikhel( you know who you are, thank you!), so we were thinking about a mountain biking trip to dhulikhel for a few days or kayaking course somewhere. but i also read a post here that it will be noisy in dhulikhel and nagarkot during that time.

So i look forward to any experiences and tips you can share.

Thank you.

Rgds

Jo

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,261 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tips for a quiet new years eve

yeah in recent years Gregorian Calendar New Year seems to create more noise

than Nepalese Calendar New Year in Nepal

may due to increasing western influence

others cities in Asia are similar too in that regards -

Thamel is noisy - period - whether new years or not

but I don't see how it can be that noisy in spread out resorts in Dhulikhel and Nagarkot during new years

except may be for a few hotel guests hanging around in dinning hall wating for midnight to hit

call the lodges to see if they have anything planned for the evening

key question => would there some DJ'in or not

because mainly that equates to a nosiy party

chances are most places wont - then you should be ok

all the best

Edited: 18 November 2013, 04:47
The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
16 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tips for a quiet new years eve

Thanks. I will likely to try my luck there!

3. Re: Tips for a quiet new years eve

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 November 2014, 06:20