We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget 7 day trip to nepal

Bhopal, Madhya...
3 posts
Save Topic
Budget 7 day trip to nepal

Plss can someone suggest me places to visit in nepal. we are on a tight budget so we'll prefer roadway rather than flights.

Can trekking be done in a 7 day tour??

and where could I get snow covered regions in mid of feb??

i would like to visit whole of nepal in a 7 day tour.

thanks in advance.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,261 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Budget 7 day trip to nepal

nepal can be done via road

i am assuming you will enter via Raxaul or Sunauli

browse TA uner Nepal and the forum - there's tons of material

comeback with any secific questions you may have

squeezing a substantial trek in a 7 day tour will be tough

but you could do a day hike either in PKR or KTM

like Sarongkot hike in PKR or Nagarkot Dhulikhel hike in KTM

mid-feb is winter so you can get to snow covered region with few days of trek

or else try phulchowki hill (9000 ft.) near ktm -

they usually have snow on top during winter months

all the best

Edited: 25 November 2013, 07:18
Cumbria
Level Contributor
4,876 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Budget 7 day trip to nepal

Personally, I think it is impossible to cover anything like the whole of Nepal in a week + you are putting even greater restrictions on the amount of ground that you can cover by wanting to do the entire trip by road.

Let’s say that you are entering the country by crossing the border from India, you could make your first stop Lumbini, then from there drive to Pokhara via Tansen, then head to Kathmandu and by the time you had seen the most important sites in and around there, it would be time to make a dash back for the Indian border again.

Even that sounds like a lot of time in a vehicle to me

Good Luck

Rob

Bhopal, Madhya...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Budget 7 day trip to nepal

road is nt a problem to us.

we r concerned abt visiting as many as places possible.

we will enter through sunauli frm dere go to lumbini den to pokhra nd den return to kathmandu den back in india.

is dis okay or we need to change sm thng.??

plss specify sm most imp places in nd around dese.

thanks again

Edited: 25 November 2013, 11:36
Kathmandu, Nepal
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
2,269 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Budget 7 day trip to nepal

Hello,

Good information posted by other members in the forum. It's not possible to whole Nepal in 7 days including a trek. Are you wishing for a trek or a tour? If you are thinking about a trek then just do Ghorepani Trek [coverable in 4 days as circuit] plus visit main places of Kathmandu and Pokhara. Or you can do Chisapani Nagarkot Trek which takes about 3 days and is near Kathmandu. If you have 7 full days for Kathmandu, Pokhara and short trekking then it's doable but I don't think that you will reach a place covered by snow.

uk
Level Contributor
344 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Budget 7 day trip to nepal

Are there any one day treks from Kathmandu you can do..? You can also do Poon Hill in 3 days from Pokhara but if you are not flying you will waste a day in getting there and back. I have the below 7/8 day schedule for Feb/March haven’t worked out what exactly how to fill the days.

Is it worth extending the trek one day and going to Australian Camp/Pothana instead/as well?

1. LHR-> Del->Nepal

2. KTM

3. KTM-

4. AM: KTM-Pokhara.

5. Pokhara

6. Day 1 trek

7. day 2 trek

8. day 3 trek

9. day 4 trek-> Pokhara-KTM

10. AM: Mountain flight -> PM: KTM-> Delhi

Day 01: Pokhara (Pkr), the lake city and drive to Nayapul( one hr) and trek to Tikhedhunga -

Day 02: Trek to Ghorepani (2855 m),

Day 03: Climb to Poon Hill for great views of the Himalayas and trek to Tadapani (2595 m).

Day 04: Trek to Ghandruk, trek to Nayapul and drive to Pokhara, stay in Pokhara

6. Re: Budget 7 day trip to nepal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 November 2014, 05:18