We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buddha arilines on time schedule and cancellation

California
Level Contributor
1,166 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Buddha arilines on time schedule and cancellation

Am thinking about booking one way from KTM to Pokhara then Tourist bus on the return trip. Has Buddha airlines ever had any cancellation or long delay on scheduled flight? I am interested in the departure time of 9 or 10:20 AM for mid April.

Just got back my Myanmar and the domestic flight was not reliable. Changed of flight course so original scheduled flight was cancelled.

Mentioned in this post
Sunrise Adventure Travels
Sightseeing Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, Cultural Tours, Helicopter Tours
Fishtail Adventure
Sightseeing Tours, Adrenaline & Extreme Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks
Mountain Monkey
Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Multi-day Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, Cultural Tours
Kathmandu, Nepal
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
2,313 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buddha arilines on time schedule and cancellation

Hello,

I fly regularly with Buddha Air and find them pretty good. They are the biggest domestic airline in Nepal and plenty of happy customers. Generally, as far as I know their flights are not delayed with other reasons except the weather. If the weather is fine then generally it should be OK. Personally, if you are tight with schedule then do not rely totally on flights as it also depends on weather. If you are traveling during the main season like March - April or October - November then it shouldn't be cancelled or delayed as the skies and weather in general is great.

California
Level Contributor
1,166 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buddha arilines on time schedule and cancellation

Thank you Himalayan L.

I have read there would great views of the Mtns with early flights from KTM. Would leaving at 10 AM still "guarantee" a great view or should I take the first flight at 8:30 or else at 9 A.M for better opportunity ( Mid April departure)

Kathmandu, Nepal
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
2,313 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buddha arilines on time schedule and cancellation

Hello,

If the weather is clear then even 10 AM will fly will give you good views. If the weather is not good then there is no guarantee of it.

Cumbria
Level Contributor
5,386 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buddha arilines on time schedule and cancellation

I don’t entirely agree with the above info – All domestic flights in Nepal operate on line of sight landing’s and take off’s so depending on weather conditions delays and cancelations are common – I aren’t a regular flier on the Kathmandu – Pokhara run like the above poster, but I have visited Nepal many times and spent many hours in lots of Nepal’s small domestic airports awaiting my flights

Hence the usual advice posted on here by most posters of not relying on internal flights and Always aim to get back to Kathmandu at least 24 hours before your international flight back home, so that on the event of a delay or cancelation of an internal flight you have time to make alterative arraignments

Good Luck

Rob

California
Level Contributor
1,166 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buddha arilines on time schedule and cancellation

into-thin-air-

Is there a certain time of day where the weather condition is best for mid April? I am flexible on the flight time. I much rather take a one way flight and bus from/to KTM-Pokhara

Cumbria
Level Contributor
5,386 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buddha arilines on time schedule and cancellation

Early Mornings tend to be clear – But there is no guarantee of this – If you booked an early morning flight and then it was cancelled, at least this would give you the opportunity of finding a private car to take you and then you at least have a Plan “B” and shouldn’t miss your international flight home

Good Luck and Happy Safe Travels

Rob

7. Re: Buddha arilines on time schedule and cancellation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2015, 06:19