We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bit stuck with package tours..

Level Contributor
180 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Bit stuck with package tours..

Hi,

Recently been looking into nepal as an option when flying over to asia either on the way in or out of asia.

Id be looking to spend about 8-10 days in nepal itself.

Ideally id love to white water raft - the bhote kushi seems appealing and i believe its 2 days?

Secondly id love to experience a trek, this is where im again stuck... If i did a tour to bhote kushi, i arrive back in Kathmandu.

What would be the best tour option from here?

Id read about some paraglidiing / ultralight tours in pokhara city?

I need someone to put together abit of an itinerary for me which is do-able...

Also some info on what tour operators / any experience would save me hours of trawling through each one.

Thanks in advance :)

adelaide
Level Contributor
1,670 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bit stuck with package tours..

you could spend half your time around Pokhara doing a short walk and paragliding

then head back to Kathmandu and go rafting and back to the city to look around

when you go may affect what you can do

when is your in and out of Asia

Cumbria
Level Contributor
4,940 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bit stuck with package tours..

With only 8 to 10 days, you seem to be hopping about the country quite a lot as The Bhote Kosi is North East of Kathmandu whereas Pokhara is south west.

Maybe consider a different river to raft, there are several possibilities nearer to Pokhara including The Kali Gandaki (Best Choice), The Seti, The Marsiange and The Trisuli.

Also, as you fancy a short trek, there are a lot more options from Pokhara than from Kathmandu

Choosing a trekking / tour operator is probably the most important decision that you will make as a Good one will rely make your trip, where as a bad one could easily ruin it – Never tie yourself into something by paying a hefty deposit - Always meet your trekking staff before handing over your hard earned cash so as to ensure that all is as promised as getting refunds once in Nepal is often very problematic

Good Luck and Happy Safe Trekking

Rob

My Nepal Blog members.virtualtourist.com/m/50192/6ec/

Level Contributor
180 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bit stuck with package tours..

Thanks guys,

Im open to any suggestion! The bhote kushi looked good. If there are other similar graded rivers near pokhara that would make alot more sense....

Is the treking range near pokhara the arranpurna? Or am i totally off mark here?

Also, where could i see everest... Im not talking base camp, just somewhere to have a decent look/photo opportunity.

Not hugely stuck to 8 days i could squeeze to 11.

Looking at going to asia rought feb / march as this sort of time suits both nepal and asia i believe..

Thanks

4. Re: Bit stuck with package tours..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2014, 22:07
5. Re: Bit stuck with package tours..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2015, 06:18