We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5.5 days, 7 nights in Nepal

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
5.5 days, 7 nights in Nepal

I will be going to Kathmandu, Nepal in April with family - total 7 of us including two kids, 6 and 10. Trekking is not in the agenda given old age parents and kids.

Is it worth going to Pokhara also or some other destination ? Would like to have some experience of 'flying' over the mountains as well. Please recommend. Thanks.

Kathmandu, Nepal
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
2,267 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5.5 days, 7 nights in Nepal

Flying over the mountains? Ultralight? Paragliding or Everest Experience flight? Remember that Paragliding and Ultralight flights are doable only in Pokhara where Everest Experience / Mountain flight is doable only from Kathmandu.

Check this itinerary: tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293889-c182391/Nepal…

Kathmandu
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 5.5 days, 7 nights in Nepal

Hi,

Pokhara will be a fun destination for a family holiday. Your kids will enjoy boating in there and also some ultralight flights.

Another famous family holiday destination in Nepal will be Chitwan Jungle Safari. Many agencies provide Pokhara plus Chitwan combined family tours, you can inquire and decide by yourself. Mostly jungle safari in chitwan is a favorite family holiday destination. Here is a page about how the basic safari tour goes,http://nepalonetours.com/jungle-safari.

You may enjoy some easy family rafting as well, if you are into adventure and family holiday needs adventure to make it truly memorable. My recommendation is go for a 1 to 3 days rafting trip in the Trishuli river. it is the easiest river to raft and has easy connection to Pokhara and Chitwan too. http://nepalonetours.com/river-rafting

Bandipur is another imerging attraction for family, you can choose among these options as per your preferance.

Hope that helps, Happy Travels

Cumbria
Level Contributor
4,618 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 5.5 days, 7 nights in Nepal

Difficult question as 5 ½ days is really short for Nepal and getting around by road is very slow !!

Normally I would advise people with less than a week to stay in Kathmandu and the valley as there is more than enough to keep you well occupied there – All the world heritage sites, maybe a Mountain Flight to see Everest, maybe a night in Nagarkot and with luck, a spectacular sunrise, maybe a night in Bhaktapur (Most people visit Bhaktapur as a day trip, so having the streets to yourselves in thee evenings and early mornings is a real bonus)

But whether something like this will suite your kids is a different matter – Only you will know that !!

What I will say is, that if you do decide to head down to Pokhara, make sure that you are back in Kathmandu at least 24 hours before your international flight out of Nepal as delays by both air and road are common in Nepal and you wouldn’t want to miss your flight home ;-)

Good Luck and Happy Safe Travels

Rob

My Nepal Blog members.virtualtourist.com/m/50192/6ec/

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 5.5 days, 7 nights in Nepal

Thanks all ! I am inclined to step out of Kathmandu also. Pokhara or Chitwan seems attractive (though more biased towards Pokhara). If i take one way flight from Kathmandu to Pokhara (or vice versa), then mountain flight in Kathmandu is not required, right ?

adelaide
Level Contributor
1,670 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 5.5 days, 7 nights in Nepal

the 2 flights are in opposite directions so you would see different mountains

one big white pointy mountain looks much like another so with limited time one flight would be enough

6. Re: 5.5 days, 7 nights in Nepal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2015, 06:19