We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mount Everest for non-trekkers, romantic/honeymoon holiday

Amsterdam, The...
1 post
Save Topic
Mount Everest for non-trekkers, romantic/honeymoon holiday

Hello everyone,

I am taking my future-wife to a 10 days honeymoon trip to the Maldives on June 12th. But we both are active people, so I thought we should split the Maldives trip into two parts (5 days each) and in the middle go somewhere up north. Since my fiancee is a big nature fan, i thought a trip to Nepal's Everest would be great! I would love to see that mountain.

But we are no trekkers. Never done that before. And like i said, i am a bit limited on time etc, perhaps only 4 days or so. Now my question is; can i still have fun around that time of the year given those few days to check out Everest? Perhaps a helicopter tour or something, I don't know really.

Any ideas are welcome!

Thanks.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,261 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mount Everest for non-trekkers, romantic/honeymoon holiday

first off your timing is but off nune is pretty couldy - Evrest view is hit or miss - mostly a miss

but if you time it right -

ideal would be to land at Shayngboce next to Everest View Hotel, sit by its cozy patio with the front row seat to Everest while having warm ginger tea and breakfast -

but there are two issues with it -

1 - it will be insanely costly to get a private chopper (probably close $4-$5K)

(but you can shop around - there as many as 6 choppers looking for work these days)

2 - you might still get light headed directly landing at close 14K and even staying there for as little as an hour

Contact some agencies to see if you can line up with some cargo runs at Shayngboche to see the cost could be lower

Other option is to do an hour long Mt. evrest flight from KTM (actual viewing is 15 mins or so) -

but in reality it only gives the bragging right - they have to keep a distance from the mountains. View is not that spectacular

you can search for youtube videos on it - that gives you some idea

all the best

Edited: 10 March 2014, 05:27
Espoo
Level Contributor
2,009 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Mount Everest for non-trekkers, romantic/honeymoon holiday

June is monsoon time, large probability of not seeing Everest at all from clouds, helicopter or what ever.

Not everything is possible in short time, not matter how much money you would be prepared to pour into it.

Denmark
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mount Everest for non-trekkers, romantic/honeymoon holiday

Well, unless your future wife is a big fan of rain showers and cloudy views I wouldn't take her to see Everest in June. Given the fact you only have few days avaible, it is just to risky to be a vaste of time.

Nepal is amazing and definitely a country everybody sholuld go at least once in i lifetime...lots of culture, nature and stunning views. But June just aint the right time; especially not for a honeymoon...!

4. Re: Mount Everest for non-trekkers, romantic/honeymoon holiday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 March 2015, 05:17