We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nepal or Sri Lanka

Dubai, United Arab...
13 posts
Save Topic
Nepal or Sri Lanka

Please advice which one of the 2 countries has cooler weather in end of July/early August? we want to take a vacation and having good weather is preferred.

Cumbria
Level Contributor
4,876 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nepal or Sri Lanka

July /early August in Nepal is the middle of the Monsoon – So not an ideal time to go as apart from it raining a lot, when it stops it soon gets Very Hot and Very Sticky – So not the weather conditions you are looking for ;-)

I can’t comment on Sri Lanka, as although I have been there, it wasn’t in July/early August

Good Luck and Happy Safe Travels

Rob

My Nepal Blog members.virtualtourist.com/m/50192/6ec/

Edited: 29 June 2014, 10:07
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
53,804 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nepal or Sri Lanka

Next to this in summer season visibility of the Himalaya is often quite low in Nepal due to the same clouds that cause the rain. Spring and fall are the best tourist seasons...

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Kathmandu, Nepal
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
2,269 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nepal or Sri Lanka

July / August is definitely not a good time for Nepal if you have options to select. As you read the comments from other regular travelers to Nepal it's monsoon season, visibility is poor and it rains most of the time. If you see Sri Lanka has better weather at that time then probably visiting there would be worth.

Sorry, haven't been to Sri Lanka!

4. Re: Nepal or Sri Lanka

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 July 2015, 06:16