We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

List of Nepal treks that have a view of Mt Everest?

Perth, Australia
1 post
Save Topic
List of Nepal treks that have a view of Mt Everest?

Hi all,

Planning a trip to Nepal for my wife and I next year but we have not yet decided what trek we would like to do. We would really like to see Mt Everest but getting up close (base camp) does not really interest us, we are looking for a road less travelled. So I was hoping you nice people might be able to tell us of other treks where there is a view of Everest to help me with my research.

Thank you,

Hamish

Cumbria
Level Contributor
4,876 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: List of Nepal treks that have a view of Mt Everest?

Hi Hamish

Views of Everest are few and far between so as you have stated that you have no interest with trekking EBC, this only leaves you with a couple of choices

1) Trek to Namche Bazaar where you get a distant view of Everest from The Panorama Hotel which is about 1/2 an hour’s walk above at Syangboche

2) Trek to Gokyo where you can climb Gokyo Ri and get a better view.

You will also get views of Everest from both Cho La and Renjo La passes if you want something more challenging

This downloadable trekking map will give you the idea

…umbra.cz/img/map/Khumbu_Sagarmatha_National…

Good Luck and Happy Safe Trekking

Rob

My Nepal Blog members.virtualtourist.com/m/50192/6ec/

Kathmandu, Nepal
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
2,269 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: List of Nepal treks that have a view of Mt Everest?

Namche, Tengboche, Everest View Hotel all offers distant views of Everest, if you find with some distant views then that would be some options for you.

Pikey Peak Trek is another option which is very far from regular commercial / crowded treks of higher regions. Offers some distant views of Everest, Dhaulagiri and Kanchenjunga. The maximum height is about 4000 meters.

adelaide
Level Contributor
1,670 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: List of Nepal treks that have a view of Mt Everest?

there is a scenic flight for viewing Mt Everest which should provide a better view than from the ground at a distance

a trek in the Annapurna area will give you much more close up views of big mountains

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
5,671 posts
348 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: List of Nepal treks that have a view of Mt Everest?

Everest is mostly hidden behind other mountains (Numbur is the most prominent mountain seen from far away), generally you can only see the small triangle of the summit of Everest. Manaslu, Annapurna, Dhaulagiri offer a much better sight.

5. Re: List of Nepal treks that have a view of Mt Everest?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2015, 06:16