We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather

Surat, India
1 post
Save Topic
weather

How is the weather of Nepal at present?

Denmark
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather

You can read about weather in Nepal here:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293889-s208/Nepal:We…

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather

I would also like to know the current weather in Nepal. Not a general overview of the seasons, but a first-hand account from people who have travelled there in the recent months.

I'm specifically looking for the weather in Kathmandu. Is it cool, warm? Do I need a jacket, can I wear shorts?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm trying to decide if I should make a last minute trip.

Thanks!

Denmark
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather

People, who has been in Nepal the recent months, can tell you what the weather WAS! People, who are there right now, can tell you what the weather IS.

No one can actually tell you for sure, what the weather WILL BE.

In generel the weather in Kathmandu in March and April is warm during the day (Yes, you can wear shorts, no you dont need a jacket). The evenings is often a little colder, so long pants and maybe a sweater is nice.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather

@Lisbeth_Friis I am well aware of what you have said initially. Common sense prevails.

Thank you very much for your input, are you in Kathmandu now?

Settle, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
2,344 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weather

Google 'weather in Kathmandu' for present conditions

Edited: 22 March 2012, 12:48
Denmark
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: weather

No, unfortunately I am not in Kathmandu right now. But I would leave right away if I had the possibility.

Unless you don't like warm weather, you shoulden't have any second thoughts of going to Nepal in April.

(And by the way...I am glad I didn't offend you in the way I wrote the comment. It occurred to me after posting, that someone with less sense of humor could have found it 'not funny att all')

7. Re: weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 06:15