We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buddha Air - Mt. Everest

Inverness, Florida
4 posts
Save Topic
Buddha Air - Mt. Everest

I plan to do this flight this summer. Does Buddha Air use the Kathmandu main airport for these flights? I plan on doing the early morning flight and then fly back to New Delhi late in the afternoon. Any suggestions for airlines going back to New Delhi? Thanks!

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,261 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buddha Air - Mt. Everest

yes - buddha air flies from ktm for the everest flight.

there are almost a dozen filghts between ktm-del

indian airline, jet, indigo, nepal airlines etc

choose a later flight or a day later flight - keeping in mind that everest flights are subjected to frequent delay and cancellation

- for two reasons

- weather is very unpredictable near everst

- since the whole point of the flight is sight seeing even a minor poor visibility becomes an issue

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Tibet, Montagna e sport invernali, Milan, Nepal, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Ladakh, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
7,710 posts
284 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buddha Air - Mt. Everest

In the summer it'll be not easy to do a sightseeing flight. Most of the time flights are cancelled due to monsoon. It would be better choose not the months between june and august. Mountains in these moths are usually covered by clouds.

Namaste

Rongpuk

Settle, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
2,335 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buddha Air - Mt. Everest

But if the flight does go (depending on the weather) it will leave from Kathmandu Domestic terminal, a few minutes walk from the International terminal

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Tibet, Montagna e sport invernali, Milan, Nepal, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Ladakh, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
7,710 posts
284 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buddha Air - Mt. Everest

Thanks Alan for your info ;-)

Anyway Veteran, you can take a look also at the page of "everest experience" in Buddha Air web site here:

http://www.buddhaair.com/everest/

Inverness, Florida
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Buddha Air - Mt. Everest

Thanks everyone for your information. I realize it is monsoon season, but being a teacher, I have no choice of the time of the year. I will go for it considering it will be my first and only time there.

I have seen some of the You Tube videos for the Buddha Air Everest flights. SO COOL!

This is a group of teachers and we will spend time in India seeing the Taj Mahal. I am checking off things on my bucket list! HA!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
22 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buddha Air - Mt. Everest

I recently went on the Buddha Air -Mt Everest flight (mid March) it was spectacular!! The air hostess went to each passenger to point out the different mountains and one by one all those on the flight were invited to view the mountains from the cockpit. For your info - before departing the airport there is a 200 nepali rupee departure tax. I bought the everest flight dvd and the t shirt on board however after watching the dvd, I would not recommend buying it.

Hope you enjoy your trip to Nepal as much as I did!!

cheers,

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,710 posts
284 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Buddha Air - Mt. Everest

Veteranteacher I wish you a good trip in Nepal ;-) hope, even if in the summer you'll find sunny days.

Amy thank you for your contribution

Namaste

Rongpuk

Forres, Scotland
Level Contributor
464 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Buddha Air - Mt. Everest

I am interested in the Buddha Air Mountain flight too as I am going to be in Nepal mid October. I emailed them my booking form via Buddha Air's website and I have received a reply back they want a photocopy of my credit card and passport faxed or emailed to them. Is this normal practice? I'm a bit concerned that is a lot of my personal data in the hands of people I don't know.

Could anyone who has done this tell me if they have had any problems and also if the flight was cancelled due to bad weather would we get a refund or would we be scheduled on another flight? We have requested the first flight of the day at 6.15am.

Veteran teacher have you booked yet?

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,261 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Buddha Air - Mt. Everest

while i can't speak for buddha air - in general no worries - i travel to Nepal about three/four times a year and use my US issued Amex and Citi cards quite often and haven't had a problems yet - only place i am little weary is small restaurants - buddha air flies a lot of people like yourself on their mountain flights - they have got business to run whcih is to fly people not sell their personal info i don't think - and if they were to pull any stunt like mishandling your personal info - web would be flooded with complaints - which there aren't none the last time i checked – may be others in this forum can comment if they are aware of any such incidents - but is that a gurantee no - you could have one bad employee that can ruin the reputation - in such case buddha air is not any different than any carriers any where - as for refund or reschedule they are very good about it - that i know - since i have used Buddha air manytimes i have to fly out of KTM including the everest flight.

but if you are still concerend - book after you arrive in KTM - you should be able to book one without much issues -

Edited: 12 May 2012, 08:37
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
5,959 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Buddha Air - Mt. Everest

We did the Everest flight with Yeti Air in early April, and were not required to pay until after the flight. Our tour organizer advised they did this to avoid the necessity for refunds in the event of cancelled flights due to bad weather.

It was a great flight, perfect clear morning and everyone had a window seat.