We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

big market in Katmandu ?

Which Kathmandu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
86 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
big market in Katmandu ?

Are there any major markets in Katmandu.Here likely in markets with clothing, electronics, shoes, soveniers.All in one market ? regards preben Olsen

Cumbria
Level Contributor
4,533 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: big market in Katmandu ?

Depends on what you mean by “Market”

The Chinese market which is a collection of small shops to the north and east of Kathmandu Durbar Square sells just about everything.

Best Regards

Rob

Pokhara
Level Contributor
892 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: big market in Katmandu ?

Check Out the Departmental Stores or Shopping complex in Kathmandu the Major Ones Are bellow

1: Bhatbhateni Supermarket

2: CityCenter

3: World Trade Center

4: Civil Malls

These Malls has all in One door Steps.

Good Dy

Raja.

Settle, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
2,316 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: big market in Katmandu ?

There is, or at least used to be (and I don't know if it still happens), a huge open-air market at least weekly in Ratna Park

France
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
3,420 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: big market in Katmandu ?

There are;

Some are listed above and another big option is The Kathmandu Mall. It's quite big shopping center with many things available to purchase.

The one Alanyeti might be talking is still existed; but that is kind of street selling.

All the best

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
86 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: big market in Katmandu ?

Many thanks for the help.I have no doubt if I will benefit greatly from it when I should be 14 days in Katmandu.regards Preben

Kathmandu, Nepal
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: big market in Katmandu ?

The Kathmandu is changed. It is not the same Kathmandu as it was 2 years before. There are many shopping malls in these days in walking distance from major hotels.

Some major malls are

CityCenter

World Trade Center

Civil Malls etc.

Have a good time ahead.

Ranjit.

Jhumri Telaiya...
Level Contributor
319 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: big market in Katmandu ?

Hi

You can try at Bhat Bhateni Mall and the oldest Mall of Kathmandu is Vishal Bazar at New Road, Vishal Bazar was the only Mall in KTM during my first visit to Kathmandu in 1985.

Thanks

Alok

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: big market in Katmandu ?

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the Brikuthimandap yet. This is a big market just behind the Nepal Tourism Board. Lot's of stalls, don't forget to bargain though.

Regards,

Great Wall Nepal Pvt. Ltd.

delhi
Level Contributor
12 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: big market in Katmandu ?

Hello,

Kathmandu, the capital of Nepal, has a population of 949,468 in the city, and1,687,102 in the metropolitan area.

Well, Kathmandu may not be one of the largest City in the world, but for sure, it has all the things that a capital city has. From Movie hall to restaurants, to disco, to schools and colleges.

Some major mall in Katmandu are:

City Center,World Trade Center,Civil Malls.

New Delhi, India
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: big market in Katmandu ?

Where is mobile and mobile accessories wholesale market in Kathmandu?