We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best one day trek from Kathmandu ?

Which Kathmandu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
341 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Best one day trek from Kathmandu ?

When passing through Kathmandu in February, what might be the BEST ONE DAY TREK for a first-timer to Nepal ?

Ramblesider

France
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
3,420 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best one day trek from Kathmandu ?

You can try Nagarkot to Changunarayan hike or Nagarkot to Dhulikhel hike. Generally, in Nepal 1 day trek is called hike not trek! It's not that hard, around Kathmandu and not bad for first time hikers!

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,261 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best one day trek from Kathmandu ?

hands down - Nagarkot to Dhulikhel!!! it is a 4-5 hour hike - i just did it again last week when I was in nepal. if the sky is clear (in feb there is a good chance that it will be) you will be hiking most of the time with the view of mountains - amazing view of PanchKhal valley and Banepa town as well -also will be hiking through farms and fields, you go thorugh couple of villages as well - this hike offers variety of landscapes- do hire a guide though - several chances to go off course

Edited: 04 August 2012, 15:46
Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1 post
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best one day trek from Kathmandu ?

I think Doing Pharping to see Kali Temple would be great for you and it is less stress about timing. Or Kirtipur sight seen with hiking little around would be very cool out of busy touristic Royal Places you will be able to see something hidden out of .....,planet and books too! any inquiry is more than welcome. Welcome to Nepal.

Bibek Chapagain

Kathmandu, Nepal
13 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best one day trek from Kathmandu ?

My Idea One day trek very best I hour by bus and 20 Minute walk and have a view of Mnasulu Himal Ganesh himal and Annapurna including best place Battleban Resort you can relax one night too very nice

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
73 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best one day trek from Kathmandu ?

Great idea, Sherpani,

For a first time hiker and with limited time I would consider that. Can I pm you for further details?

K'fer

Manama, Bahrain
Level Contributor
436 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best one day trek from Kathmandu ?

The Champadevi one day hike was great ...... nice chance to stretch your legs for a few hours, walk through a few small villages, quiet & peaceful, and a fantastic view of the mountains and KTM valley from the top (on a clear day!). You're also close to Pharping so can look around there on the same trip.

Starting from Kathmandu at 7.30am you can be back & chilling out with a beer in Thamel by 4pm'ish having had a good hike & some great views.

Kathmandu,Nepal
Level Contributor
473 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best one day trek from Kathmandu ?

Hi there,

I recommend "Chandragiri day hiking" you can search on Google where you can get details... start to hike from Outlook Inn Hotel near by Matatirtha and ends at Hattiban Resort... I did it on 11 Aug 2012. I think it would be far better than others. Usually, people recommend Nagarkot, Dhulikhel,this is also good but better "Chandragiri day Hiking"

Guide

Kathmandu, Nepal
12 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Best one day trek from Kathmandu ?

hi there,

I think Nagarjun hiking is good for you. Its takes 2 hours to reach the top from where you can see the beautiful himalayas and nice view of kathmandu valley.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,261 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best one day trek from Kathmandu ?

#4 Sherpani dude - more details please. I am intrigued - take a bus to where?? besides the OP is about a day hike not a 20 min stroll.

Edited: 26 August 2012, 02:23
Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
68 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Best one day trek from Kathmandu ?

Hi there

If it is first time someone posting in tripadvisor he will be blind according to rely because where and what he doesn't know. which is the best. In this Nepal situation no one can do day hike and back to kathmandu. if he has 1 full day time he can do day hike otherwise arrival nepal and make plan then hiking very difficult. but Anyway where is problem there is solution as well.

Bhim