We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kakarvitta to Kathmundu

Kolkata (Calcutta...
7 posts
Save Topic
Kakarvitta to Kathmundu

can anyone guide me in the following:

I want to reach kathmundu via road from siliguri. But after reaching kakarvitta which bus will be the best one to ply with. Am worried as there are many touts to make us confused... Is any delux coach available (for comfortable journey) for onward journey to kathmundu like Green lines etc. ? Can I book online in advance? Have searched the net but cudn't get any info.

48 replies to this topic
Kathmandu, null...
Level Contributor
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Kakarvitta to Kathmundu

There are many buses to choose from, but only a few that are ride-able. I constantly travel this route which you are taking and from my experience, go for either Mitteri Yatayat or Makalu Yatayat. Please do ask for Mitteri's new addition coach (if already operational). They provide you with mineral water + peanuts/chips/cheeseballs/kurkures. No, but you do not get Greenlines or Royal Cruiser type of Volvo coaches, but something in the lines of Senco or Modern that run from Kolkata (minus the sleeper).

Also, let me advise that eating on the route is not hygienic at best. So, prepare yourself for either hot round of noodles or carry your own food, that is what I do.

You cannot book online but you can get a booking held by contacting travel agents in Kakarvitta.

Makalu Yatayat Sewa (P) Ltd. Kakarvitta counter Numbers:-

+9779852672786, +9779842655052, +977 23 562023.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Kakarvitta to Kathmundu

Thanks Mr Prasanna. Your comments will help me a lot...

Kolkata (Calcutta...
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Kakarvitta to Kathmundu

Mr Prasanna,

the given nos. are not working....the 2nd and 3rd no are out of service. However, the 1st no. is saying switched off.

Can you provide me any alternate nos./ transport service. Secondly what are the road conditions now...smooth or will have to cross a rough surface?

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
68 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Kakarvitta to Kathmundu

Hi there

You can catch the Geep vehicle from kakarvitta to Bhadrapur and Fly to kathmandu will be nice . It is very comfortable way. you can see some different by bus but travel by bus it is not fun. you can reduce some budget from kathmandu activities.

if you need more help send me PM .

Bhim

kathmandu Nepal
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Kakarvitta to Kathmundu

Hi

Once you arrive in Kakarvitta .... you can ask where the bus station is then after you can get one of the bus to Kathmandu . there is no any online bus booking service from Kakarvitta...it will take around 13 hours to get Kathmandu .

Bal

Kathmandu, Nepal
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Kakarvitta to Kathmundu

wait till miteri yatayat introduces AC buses shortly.

Kathmandu, Nepal
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Kakarvitta to Kathmundu

wait till miteri yatayat introduces AC buses shortly.

Kathmandu, null...
Level Contributor
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Kakarvitta to Kathmundu

These are the alternate numbers I was able to find.

Makalu Yatayat Kathmandu Number: +977 1 4281972, 4277552

As suggested by everyone, Miteri Yatayat is a better option.

You can fly to Kathmandu as well from Bhadrapur. Ticket cost from 3600 -6000/- depending upon availability and discounts. Cab hire to Bhadrapur from Kakarvitta is under NPR 1000/=.

Bengaluru, India
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Kakarvitta to Kathmundu

Thanking you Brother your Suggestion is most Help full .Makalu Yatayat Kathmandu Travels is able to be leave this Travels.

Edited: 09 September 2012, 12:29
Pune, India
Level Contributor
2 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kakarvitta to Kathmundu

How do I reach Bhadrapur from NJP and how much will it cost.

I have gotten quotes from some people ranging from INR 2500 - 3000.

Reply to: Kakarvitta to Kathmundu
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted