We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Kathmandu to Chitwan

Northwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,896 posts
95 reviews
Save Topic
Bus from Kathmandu to Chitwan

I am trying to sort out a booking for the bus from Kathmandu to Chitwan but am confused. Our accommodation in Kathmandu has said that Greenline only go to Pokhara and hhave recommended Baba Travels or City Link, neither of which I have heard of.

Can anyone help me with this. We could really do with booking our tickets in advance and also our accommodation in Kathmandu mentioned something about it being Dashain on our dates??

France
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
3,450 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from Kathmandu to Chitwan

The easiest way is to contact your accommodation provider or any agent in Kathmandu to book the tickets. I am sure that they will sort that out. I have been to Chitwan with Baba Travels but not with Greenline. Please note that Greenline is deluxe tourist bus and Baba is regular tourist bus without air condition.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,302 posts
234 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from Kathmandu to Chitwan

not heard of these bus agencies - can you afford to fly? then do so - it is 20 mins flight to Bharatpur and is not all that expensive - i am thinking may be about $100 for the roundtrip i could be wrong - then you can ask the hotel people to come and pick you up at the airport. but if you are set on bus - you should be able to find a halfway decent ones - there's not a whole lot of difference. the road conditions will rule the journey more than anything.

not sure what you are trying to ask in your 2nd paragraph - yes Oct is Dashain festival month - all the busses from KTM to the rest of country will be very busy for about 1 week stretch. either way book in advance - right about now would be a good time.

dashain has no impact to trekking - but in the cities restaurants are thinly staffed than normal during the festival and services will be slow.

Northwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,896 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus from Kathmandu to Chitwan

I had never thought of catching a plane, what is the cost of getting to the airport from Lazimplat where our hostel is? Is there a particular reason most people seem to catch the bus from Kathmandu to Chitwan? Also, is there a particular airline we need to be considering for this flight?

Carthage, Tunisia
Level Contributor
1,013 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus from Kathmandu to Chitwan

Greenline does run a bus from Kathmandu to Chitwan, you start off on the bus to Pokhara then change to a smaller one at Riverside Springs Resort, which doubles as the lunch stop. It costs about $20 for the 6-7 hr trip, whereas the other tourist buses are cheaper.

France
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
3,450 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus from Kathmandu to Chitwan

From Lazimpat it will cost less than US$ 7/8 to reach Airport by taxi. The bus ride from Kathmandu to Chitwan is via scenic hills and it's a beautiful drive. The road conditions in Nepal are no so good but surely nature will add comforts on your drive. I generally fly with Buddha Air but Yeti Air, Guna Air, Agni Air etc are also available. Please check them if they have flights to Bharatpur!

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus from Kathmandu to Chitwan

There are lots of option for travelling from Kathmandu to Chitwan. Its just 6-7 hrs drive from Kathmandu and you also don't need to be travel with tourist bus. Of course Baba Travels and city links are good buses but you can opt for Jumbo Haice. Greenline does not have service to Chitwan. You can find whole day Jumbo Haice and local buses to Chitwan from Kalanki (20 min drive from Thamel). It could be more cheaper to you, not more than 7$, comfortable also. Jumbo Haice usually do drive from Chitwan when they complete whole seat and it takes 40 min to one hrs, sometime more quickly.....

Kathmandu, Nepal
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus from Kathmandu to Chitwan

Daily Bus Kathmandu-chitwan-Kathmandu is Citylink Nepal Tours and Travels P. Ltd. It is a tourist bus.

8. Re: Bus from Kathmandu to Chitwan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 23 September 2013, 14:35
Northwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,896 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bus from Kathmandu to Chitwan

Not sure why this got bumped up but we did this journey last year with Greenline, comfortable and arrived safely at Chitwan.

Thanks

Cumbria
Level Contributor
4,992 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bus from Kathmandu to Chitwan

Hope you had a good time in Chitwan

The reason the post has been “Bumped Up” is that a couple of our Nepali friends didn’t read the date of your posting and thought that they could still profit from your trip

Oh Hum

Rob