We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa at KTM Airport

Which Kathmandu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
466 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Visa at KTM Airport

Morning folks, our EBC Trek is finally arranged & accommodation booked - many thanks to all for their excellent recommedations!!

Now then, do we need to apply & pick up a Visa from the airport? I've read a few horror stories regarding how log this takes with queues etc. Is there any other way to do this or do we just jion the melee??

Cheers

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
9,069 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa at KTM Airport

Hi

For my last two visits it has taken 15 minutes to get the visa and clear immigration (waiting for checked luggage is another matter). There are some things you can do to get a head start on other people and somethings that you cannot influence (with a visa in the passport or getting one on arrival):

Complete the visa app in advance (download one from immi.gov.np), have a passport photo and the correct fee for the length ov visa (USD is cheaper than GBP), make your way as quickly as you can to thelast one or two immigration desks and you could be through in minutes.

If you arrive shortly after another flight then the queues could be quite long but this applies if you have a visa already. There is also nothing you can do but wait for checked luggage (which can be very quick too) or about the queues for customs/baggae check. The melee begins when you leave the irport building...

Good luck.

scoodly

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
9,069 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa at KTM Airport

The download:

http://immi.gov.np/download/app1.pdf

scoodly

Cumbria
Level Contributor
4,622 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa at KTM Airport

Excellent info already provided by an “Old Hand”

I have had similar experiences to scoodly and I have been getting my visa on arrival for almost 20 years

I have written up a walkthrough on arriving at Kathmandu Tribuvan Airport that might be of help

members.virtualtourist.com/m/50192/6ec/9/

Good Luck

Rob

adelaide
Level Contributor
1,670 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa at KTM Airport

you can't avoid the fun of the airport

it wouldn't be Nepal if it all went smoothly

whatever you go through on arrival will be nothing compared to departure

enjoy your travels

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
466 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa at KTM Airport

Cheers guys, I'll download the forms & have the money & photos ready. Other than that we'll keep cool & go with the flow!!!

Regards

6. Re: Visa at KTM Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2014, 06:20