We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bohemian Tours

Which Kathmandu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
Level Contributor
83 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Bohemian Tours

Looking into booking the 12days Annapurna tour with Bohemian Tours. Would appreciate advice/feedback about the company as they seem to have good reviews on TA Daytours section. Can't understand why it appears under activities in West Bengal? Thanks in advance

France
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
3,431 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bohemian Tours

Hello Judy W,

Welcome to TripAdvisor forum for Nepal!

I saw the company you mentioned through Google search. From their contact page it seems that they are not Nepal based agent. I have no experience with them so can not say anything about their services. Be aware when you read the reviews, please trust reviews with members with few reviews or at least some posting histories. I generally do not trust reviews written by low history members. You can also message reviewer to ask about the agent if wanted.

There are several travel agents in Nepal offering quality services. You might want to check about them too. Regular travelers of Nepal have recommended travel agents in Nepal. Personally, I suggest you to book with an agent only after comparing the prices and services.

International agents generally subcontract with Nepal based agents to operate treks in Nepal. Agents not registered in Nepal are not allowed to operate treks in Nepal.

If other members had experiences with the agent you mentioned then probably they will write you later.

Good Luck with your research!

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
227 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bohemian Tours

Hello Judy W

Welcome to Nepal forum and greetings from Nepal.

As above poster said Always better to find local agent for your trip. Here are many good trekking companies you may contact with few of them and discus about your trip and compare price and service and you may find some review for companies too which will be plus point to book the trip with.

I am sure Bohemian Tours also has sub contract in Nepal so why you want to book your trip with them. its only paying them some extra money for nothing to booking trip with them. Better to contact direct with local agent.

Think once and decide it.

Good Luck

Sali

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
9,299 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bohemian Tours

Hi Judy

It's hard to find any company with a bad review on 'Day Tours' and TA does not accept reviews for multi-day tours despite the vast majority of thoose reviews being for multi days - go figure.

For Nepali trekking agencies' details see the TAAN website:

http://www.taan.org.np/member_directory

There are hundreds though.

scoodly

Sydney
Level Contributor
83 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bohemian Tours

Thank you all for the reply. Trouble is there are so many Nepali trekking agencies, it is not easy to pick. We are 2 senior ladies looking to do a less strenous Annapurna circuit and Chitwan and like everything to be prearranged before we get there. Saw the deal on Bohemian on Groupon and so far their response to questions have been good. I think they are based in Nepal but not registered on taan.org

Settle, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
2,333 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bohemian Tours

As their website is mainly dedicated to advertising their expertise in Yoga then I'm not surprised that they aren't members of the TREKKING Agents Association of Nepal. I notice also that they offer many tours in India, and in Belize - not a destination that many Nepal-based agencies would claim to know much about ?

Given that you want to trek, there are several hundred agents in Nepal (who are TAAN members). most of whom would be able to deliver exactly what you want

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
9,299 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bohemian Tours

Hi Judy

Companies outside of Nepal subcontract a Nepali to deliver the service anyway adding a layer of costs that can be avoided by booking direct - I understand the preference to have it all sorted in advance bit Nepali companies do this too, as Alan said.

Regardless of who you book with, the NATT Guide might be useful:

nepal-dia.de/Trekking_the_Annapurna_Circuit_…

Good luck.

scoodly

France
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
3,431 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bohemian Tours

Hi again,

I am never against of using any company in Nepal or out of Nepal or even using private companies. What I believe is this is the world of freedom so everyone should have rights to do business. If you are happy with Bohemian Tours then you can book with them but on the last I am sure that your tour will be operated by Nepali agent. The only thing is booking directly with Nepali agent makes the tour cheaper comparing international agents most of the time [not always]. There are reviews in TA about Nepali agents [I know the reviews are for Day Tours but lots of companies have multi-day tour reviews accepted by TA]. I trust members will some TA posting or reviews history. You can sometimes send the message to check if they are genuine.

Good Luck!

8. Re: Bohemian Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 August 2014, 06:19