We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nepal Tourism

Chennai, Tamil...
1 post
Save Topic
Nepal Tourism

Hi!

We are planning four days & four nights trip to Nepal. Need suggestions on the best places to visit.

We are basically looking for scenic beauty, have heard about Nagarkot and Dhulikhel, what else could be visited nearby Kathmandu, also need suggestion on the travel mode ( buses/ Taxi)

Thanks,

Nazia

Settle, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
2,341 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nepal Tourism

Earlier this year I spent a very pleasant night at Balthali in the foothills on the edge of the Kathmandu Valley. It's about 1.5 hours by road, then either 20 minutes by jeep or 40 minutes on foot. The surrounding area is very attractive rural landscapes, more interesting than around Nagarkot, and there are great views (visibility permitting) to the high mountains to the north.

Have a look at

tripadvisor.co.uk/Tourism-g1648447-Balthali_…

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,261 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nepal Tourism

Alanyeti - sounds like a good place - how do you get there?

Carthage, Tunisia
Level Contributor
994 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nepal Tourism

Balthali, one of my favourite places in Nepal and today just got back from my 4th visit there. To get there catch a bus from Ratna Park bus station to Panauti, then either walk or catch another bus to Khopasi. From there it is a bout a 45 minute walk up to Balthali Village Resort. If you contact them in advance, they can send someone down to guide you to the resort.

4. Re: Nepal Tourism

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2014, 05:19