We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 nights in Kathmandu (return flights from delhi)

london
Level Contributor
275 posts
Save Topic
3 nights in Kathmandu (return flights from delhi)

Hi

I am thinking of doing the golden triangle in India and also combining with Kathmandu. Maybe 5 or 6 nights in India and 3 in Kathmandu. Do you think adding Kathmandu and for only 3 nights is a good idea or would it be too rushed? Was thinking of doing the Mountain flight also so I understand March - May is the best time of year to do this?

Thanks

Jon

uk
Level Contributor
345 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 nights in Kathmandu (return flights from delhi)

Im planning on doing a similar trip, 3/4 days Dehli, 2 days Katmandu, 3 days trekking and Everest flight. I think 3 days in KTM is plenty for the main sights and more, plan what you want to do and any day trip.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,317 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 nights in Kathmandu (return flights from delhi)

JonH & JonB three days are plenty for bragging rights - KTM is not all that big - and as for Everest flight - I'd say Oct - April is good time for it

Fuerteventura
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Paros, Sifnos
Level Contributor
3,992 posts
952 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 nights in Kathmandu (return flights from delhi)

Some may say that 3 days of the pollution in KTM is enough for anyone. You can see the main sights in and around KTM in 3 days. Bhaktapur is a must. You could even stay there a night. I am not sure that 3 days does justice to Nepal. You would be missing out on trekking and also the delightful Pokhara. See - http://wikitravel.org/en/Pokhara.

It depends also depends on how much the return flight costs and how important that money is to you. I also do not think that 5 or 6 nights in India is anywhere near enough. On that basis, I would say spend your time in India and come back for a longer time in Nepal.

4. Re: 3 nights in Kathmandu (return flights from delhi)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2014, 05:18