We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

plug and voltage adapter

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
plug and voltage adapter

coming to nepal from united states.looking for information on plug adapter and voltage converter i should bring.specific brands that work well.help....thank you

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,318 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: plug and voltage adapter

nepal uses 220V 60HZ C&D type (2 round pins) plug whereas the US uses, as you know, 110V 50Hz A&B plug (2 flat blades)

read more here

http://kropla.com/electric2.htm

go to bestbuy or radioshack for voltage adapters

there are many brands

most will be fine since they don't sell cheap and knock offs as they do elasewhere

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: plug and voltage adapter

thank you thank you.just the information i was looking for.

Cumbria
Level Contributor
5,065 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: plug and voltage adapter

Power adaptors are available in nearly all the Kathmandu supermarkets for about 50c – So if it were me, I would wait until arrival and buy one then

Good Luck and Happy Safe Travels

Rob

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
466 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: plug and voltage adapter

I agree with Rob. Tons of adaptors in most shops in KTM & much cheaper than buying them in your home country.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,318 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: plug and voltage adapter

# 3&4- Negative!! Unless you want the OP blow up his gadgets or gizmos - there's big difference between voltage converter and plug adapter - most of the voltage converters by very functionality come with plug adapter capability but not the other way round!!!

Cumbria
Level Contributor
5,065 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: plug and voltage adapter

neupaneaj

Good Point

It will depend on the OP’s “gadgets or gizmos” – For instance, the charger on my Canon Camera works on voltages between 100 and 240, My Nokia Mobile phone is the same and I have just checked my MSI Netbook and that is the same too.

If I were the OP then I would check what the voltage requirements are (These are listed on the charging units) then decide from there.

Best Regards

Rob

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: plug and voltage adapter

thank you all.i bought a adapter converter from best buy for $50 for multiple countries and worked good for small electronics camera ,phone but was not powerful enough for a juice pack or my ipad.used tea house towers to charge thank god

8. Re: plug and voltage adapter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2014, 05:18