We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

53 hrs travel time each way

Which Kathmandu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dixon
Level Contributor
160 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
53 hrs travel time each way

I have 1 month to experience Nepal. Several days of travel and layovers to get there. I want to see Kathmandu, Pokhara and Chitwan. I like to relax and enjoy each destination. I love to walk and hike but I'm not a serious trekker. Any suggestions on where to spend more or less time? Solo elderly female traveller. Thanks

adelaide
Level Contributor
1,670 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 53 hrs travel time each way

finish your trip with days in Kathmandu so you are near the airport for the return journey

plenty to see and do around Kathmandu

read reports about short walks from Pokhara and decide if you like any - there will be some you can do that are "easy" not "serious"

spend some time in towns like Bandipur and Gorkha as they are different to the cities and offer good walks

it can be planned as you go so you can do some walks and then have a rest day

Kathmandu, Nepal
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
2,267 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 53 hrs travel time each way

Hello,

Kathmandu including Bhaktapur and Patan, Nagarkot, Dhulikhel, Chitwan, Pokhara, Bandipur, Gorkha, Lumbini etc. are places for tourists with plenty of attractions available to see and experience. Paragliding, Ultra light flight, Everest experience flight [mountain flight] bungee jumping, rafting, jungle safari etc. are some of the activities available. Nepal is not only for trekking, we have lots of things to do.

Cumbria
Level Contributor
4,648 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 53 hrs travel time each way

With a month to spend in Nepal you have lots of possibilities but as you will no doubt land in Kathmandu, have a day or two there to get over your jet-lag then maybe head off to Pokhara, you could visit Manakamana Temple (By Cable-Car) and Bandipur en-route – There are several short treks you can do from Pokhara , you don’t have to be super-fit, just hire a Porter/Guide and maybe trek from Kande to Australian Camp – See how you feel there and if you are enjoying yourself continue on to Lhandruk and then Maybe Ghandruk before returning to Pokhara.

From Pokhara you could go to Chitwan – You cna get a package that will include your transportation there, all activates such as Elephant Rides, Dug-Out Canoe Trip, Jungle Walk, Cultural Show and Bird Watching / Village walk, also including food and accommodation in a budget resort for very little money – These packages also include onward transportation back to Kathmandu

You could do a lot worse that Tiger Residency – See their reviews on here

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g293892-d2209…

Then once back in Kathmandu you should have lots of time left there to explore

Good Luck and Happy Safe Travels

Rob

Edited: 12 January 2014, 12:13
4. Re: 53 hrs travel time each way

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2015, 06:18