We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

More time in Pokhara or KTM

Which Kathmandu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
California
Level Contributor
1,000 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
More time in Pokhara or KTM

Planned Itinerary- mid April

Day 1- arrival in early afternoon - KTM

Day 2 - KTM

Day 3 - Tourist bus to Pokhara , late afternoon to evening for sight seeing

Day 4,5,6,7 - Poon Hill Trek (4 days)- back at Pokhara hotel in afternoon

Day 8- Tourist bus or flight to KTM

Day 9- KTM area

Day 10 - KTM area

Day 11- leave at noon time for international flight

Should I add a day for Pokhara the followiing day after the Poon Hill trek ( Day 8 in Pokhara then take Tourist bus back to KTM on Day 9) This way, only 2 1/2 days in KTM and area or leave plan as it is.

Kathmandu, Nepal
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
2,267 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: More time in Pokhara or KTM

Hello,

If you want to visit some nice places in Pokhara then you better add one more day i.e. Day 09 in Pokhara to explore around. Pokhara got some nice places that will obviously give you beautiful experiences. The other two days in Kathmandu will be sufficient to visit around Kathmandu. In my opinion Pokhara is also cleaner and more beautiful comparing to Kathmandu. Kathmandu consists or more historical places where Pokhara got more natural places.

Good Luck!

Settle, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
2,316 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: More time in Pokhara or KTM

Kathmandu is far more historic, culturally varied, polluted, dynamic, chaotic, than Pokhara. Nonetheless it's possible to visit Dhurbar Square, Swayambunath, and Bodnath in one day, and get some feel of the place.

I'd be tempted to visit these sites on day 2, and then to spend Day 8 relaxing in Pokhara: it's not got the same historic feel as Kathmandu, but is a very pleasant place in which to chill out for a day after your trek.

Return to Kathmandu on day 9, and consider spending part of day 10 in visiting Bhaktapur, and then, for a totally different experience, perhaps The Garden of Dreams in Kathmandu.

Espoo
Level Contributor
1,831 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: More time in Pokhara or KTM

Pokhara is a nondescript fairly rapidly growing third world town without history and culture. Kathmandu, at least certain parts of it, is an amazing living museum. Take your pick...

4. Re: More time in Pokhara or KTM

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 March 2015, 05:18